Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Viloria: I'll Try To Enjoy The Ride, Regardless of What Happens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Viloria: I'll Try To Enjoy The Ride, Regardless of What Happens

By Thomas Gerbasi - Brian Viloria shouldn't be a little over two weeks away from a world title fight against Artem Dalakian. Not at flyweight, not at 37 years old. Doesn't he know that 112-pound fighters are supposed to be washed up at 30 and in retirement at this age? Doesn't "The Hawaiian Punch" realize that the more celebrated members of the 2000 United States Olympic team - Jermain Taylor, Jeff Lacy, Rocky Juarez have all made their exit from the sport?...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Viloria still has some Hawaiian Punch in the can

I thought Brian Viloria was cruising speedily toward opponent status, then quickly toward retirement after the Romero and Sosa string of losses. The dude has defied the precedents for low weight fighters at every turn. I definitely thought he was done after Chocolatito stopped him. But he always looks head-scratichingly fresh when he comes back.

I have the Dalakian fight as a coin toss, but I'll definitely be rooting for Viloria.
    Last edited by sweeterscience; 02-07-2018, 04:16 AM.

Comment

War Viloria!

Comment

The irony of this article is that Vilorias opponent Artem Dalakian himself is a old flyweight at 30 years of age and has not competed at this level, as the article highlights 'experience' is very important here.

I'm thinking Brian's pedigree can make him four time champ @ 'Superfly II' -- it be nice if he can get that before he retires but just being able to still compete @ flyweight for the WBA after winning world titles in three weights at 37 years of age is an accomplishment in of itself.

Rooting for the 'Hawaiian-Punch'.

Comment

viloria and dalakian are both undeserving they havent done shyt! this should have been an eliminator match not a title match.

Comment

Working...
          X