Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gassiev-Dorticos, Okolie-Chamberlain: Super fights, damp squibs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gassiev-Dorticos, Okolie-Chamberlain: Super fights, damp squibs

By Tris Dixon - TOP cruiserweights Oleksandr Usyk and Murat Gassiev will meet in the final to determine who is the world's leading 200-pounder. Both came through rugged and entertaining battles, Gassiev's was last night against previously unbeaten Cuban Yunier Dorticos while Usyk had survived an excellent recent challenge from Mairis Briedis...
    [Click Here To Read More]

The WBSS have been great to watch, especially as the Cruiser fights have been free to air in the U.K. The super middle tournament might not be as high class, but I'm confident Eubank jr v Groves will be a FOTY contender in a couple of weeks time. Really hope they do other weights in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
      The WBSS have been great to watch, especially as the Cruiser fights have been free to air in the U.K. The super middle tournament might not be as high class, but I'm confident Eubank jr v Groves will be a FOTY contender in a couple of weeks time. Really hope they do other weights in the future.
      Just had to rub it in didn't you?

Oh well, you also get free rape gangs that target children so it isn't all sunshine and rainbow. I suppose a stream will have to suffice

Comment

okolie and chamberlain when you strip away the hype and overrating of both was a 7-0 v a 9-0. It wasn't too early, just that okolie looks real big for a cruiser and was more concerned with imposing his strength and size over isaac than using any boxing skills. Isaac didn't have any answers to this, a lot to learn for both of them.

Comment

I love the wbss stream with the one commentator. Breath of freah air just having the fight talked about and no comparisons to rocky marciano or hagler hearns being lazily thrown around or what gassiev does while hanging out with his wife etc etc. I dont miss hbo, showtime, espn, pbc commentators one bit. Keep it going just like it is wbss

Comment

Great inspiration for training boxing this semifinals fight was and finale will be also great inspiration just like Joshua vs Parker is. Thank God for all of this

Comment

I'm glad Doritoes got beaten and exactly how it went down. He should be on a highlight video of "When Trash Talkers Get Beat." It would be fun to see that happen with Wilder as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                I love the wbss stream with the one commentator. Breath of freah air just having the fight talked about and no comparisons to rocky marciano or hagler hearns being lazily thrown around or what gassiev does while hanging out with his wife etc etc. I dont miss hbo, showtime, espn, pbc commentators one bit. Keep it going just like it is wbss
                It was one class act. To be honest, watching fights in the Eastern Euro countries you get none of that disrespectful and pompous mentality with commentators seemingly upstaging the fighters like HBO. They comment not opinionate. And as you have seen from GGG to Klitchko the vast majority of those fighters are respectful of each other. The Trash talking has gotten way old for me.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
                  I'm glad Doritoes got beaten and exactly how it went down. He should be on a highlight video of "When Trash Talkers Get Beat." It would be fun to see that happen with Wilder as well.
                  Noice one! gtg 2 bed before I wake people up from the laughing tonight. It's like all the comedians are on at this time, every thread I go in has a knee-slapper comment

Comment

I just hope they find a way to build on the WBSS. Look at any breakout TV show, the second season always has a bigger budget than the first. They always want to top the first season. That's what creates a real long-term hit. I don't know if the WBSS has the money to do BOTH 175 and 135, the two divisions most people request now that Loma is moving up, but that would be a grand slam. But as long as they get one of those, and maybe a cheaper second one, that is still a home run.

At 135: Loma, Linares, Mikey, Pacquiao (he can make it!!! He said so!!! Freddie says he's only 138 lbs RIGHT NOW!!! Lol!!), Easter, Tank Davis, Beltran, Verdejo.

Quarterfinals: Loma-Verdejo, Mikey-Beltran, Pacquiao-Easter, Linares-Tank.
                    Semifinals: Loma-Linares/Tank, Pacquiao-Mikey
                    Finals: Loma-Pacquiao/Mikey

At 175: I gotta bounce but y'all know the names.

Comment

Working...
                    X