No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murat Gassiev-Yunier Dorticos: Stats & Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murat Gassiev-Yunier Dorticos: Stats & Stakes

It's down to three. Last weekend, Oleksandr Usyk earned his trip to the World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight final with a career best win, a hard fought and competitive decision on the road over a game and tough Mairis Briedis. The fight exceeded expectations.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting pick in Dorticos...i went from 50/50 very slightly favoring gassiev to heavily favoring Gassiev as the fight has come close, not sure whether it's because everyone else is confidently picking him or not, i can't wait either way!
    btw Gassiev is not 25 he only just turned 24

Comment

I disagree with the author. Kudryashov was a better test for Dorticos than old & shot Wlodarczyk for Gassiev. At least Kudryashov is a puncher in his prime and came to win while Wlodarczyk just came for a retirement payday.

Comment

Plus Lebedev wasn't a sharp puncher in the Gassiev fight as in his prime. We will only see tonight whether Gassiev´s chin is legit when he gets hit by a proven hungry puncher who has the same height as Gassiev and with by far longer arms.

Comment

From what I've seen, Dorticos beat Kudryashov through better tools and physicality - once he turned it on, he steamrolled his opponent.

Whereas Gassiev beat Wlodarczyk through the use of clever strategy. Gasseiv was headhunting and then delivered a short bodyshot.

Gassiev is the cleverer fighter, who is more compact and physically stronger. I think he will solve Dorticos and get him out of there by round 6-7. But we will see soon enough...

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
            From what I've seen, Dorticos beat Kudryashov through better tools and physicality - once he turned it on, he steamrolled his opponent.

Whereas Gassiev beat Wlodarczyk through the use of clever strategy. Gasseiv was headhunting and then delivered a short bodyshot.

Gassiev is the cleverer fighter, who is more compact and physically stronger. I think he will solve Dorticos and get him out of there by round 6-7. But we will see soon enough...
            Dorticos´s weight 200 pounds indicates to me that he will make it a physical fight tonight. He wants to bomb out Gassiev early from mid to short range.

Comment

Durritos or Gassy???

Comment

Winner of this fight will beat Ussyk.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                  Winner of this fight will beat Ussyk.
                  Thats possible. Since Usyk separated with James Ali Bashir he got worse. He gets hit a lot more now, doesnt use his footwork and jab as in the Glowacki fight. Plus many Ukrainians including me don't like his mentality. Actually some Ukrainians want to see him getting KOed.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                    Plus many Ukrainians including me don't like his mentality. Actually some Ukrainians want to see him getting KOed.
                    What's wrong with him? Talks about God a lot, but that alone is not a reason to hate him, is it? Seems like a nice enough guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X