Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Matthysse Wakes Up The Crowd With Knockout of Kiram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Matthysse Wakes Up The Crowd With Knockout of Kiram

Matthysse vs. Kiram Fight Photos Gallery - In his third opportunity at a world title, Argentine knockout artist Lucas "La Maquina" Matthysse (39-4, 36 KOs) stopped previously undefeated Thai superstar Tewa Kiram (37-1, 27 KOs) in the eighth round of a scheduled 12-round fight to win the WBA Welterweight World Championship on HBO Boxing After Dark in front of a roaring crowd of 6,143 boxing fans at Los Angeles' "Fabulous" Forum.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pretty terrible card...One of the most boring HBO headliners I have seen in a long while. Matthysse-whoever he just beat was just a bad mix of styles, crappy matchmaking.

Comment

147 is on Fire!!!

I’m loving the 147 division right now!! I think Errol & bud will be the last two remaining when the smoke clears, with some interesting fights to get there, I went back to the porter vs Thurman fight this week that night I had Thurman winning but after my re-Watch I gave it to porter which could be so much of a better fighter if he wouldn’t smother his own work, I would love to see him and Thurman fight because it would be the battle of wills! Also I will like to see how Bud adjust to this new weight division whatever happen to working ur way into the division he is coming in at a world champion fight which I feel horn will be a good welcome do to his size and ruffness if that’s a word 😂. Last but not least broner broner broner against Figueroa I know it’s not the 147 but I think they are turning broner into a glorified gatekeeper you gotta give it to him he does not duck anyone but this fight is all wrong for him do to he don’t throw enough punches and no footwork well least the build up will be fun. What would be great afterwards Omar does a official calling out of Errol Spence after the fight so Errol can redeem himself from his loss to Figueroa from the amateurs. Well that’s it what fights are you looking forward to in 147

Comment

"Matthysse Wakes Up The Crowd" Is not a headline any pro boxer wants their fight described as

Comment

The guy in ESPN's boxing chat who said HBO needs to have a garbage truck drive up during the HBO boxing intro, on account of all the garbage fights they've been putting on, deserves an award.

Two really bad fights last night. Damn.

Comment

Kiram, somehow, was the #1 contender for the WBA strap. So that's why Matthysse had to fight him. Made for a dull fight but what are you gonna do.

Don't think we'll get the Garcia-Rematch. Think we'll get Thurman-Matthysse this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HardcoreboxingG View Post
              I’m loving the 147 division right now!! I think Errol & bud will be the last two remaining when the smoke clears, with some interesting fights to get there, I went back to the porter vs Thurman fight this week that night I had Thurman winning but after my re-Watch I gave it to porter which could be so much of a better fighter if he wouldn’t smother his own work, I would love to see him and Thurman fight because it would be the battle of wills! Also I will like to see how Bud adjust to this new weight division whatever happen to working ur way into the division he is coming in at a world champion fight which I feel horn will be a good welcome do to his size and ruffness if that’s a word 😂. Last but not least broner broner broner against Figueroa I know it’s not the 147 but I think they are turning broner into a glorified gatekeeper you gotta give it to him he does not duck anyone but this fight is all wrong for him do to he don’t throw enough punches and no footwork well least the build up will be fun. What would be great afterwards Omar does a official calling out of Errol Spence after the fight so Errol can redeem himself from his loss to Figueroa from the amateurs. Well that’s it what fights are you looking forward to in 147
              So another volume puncher that beat Spence in the ams... lol I been saying that’s his kryptonite. Castaño beat him the same way... you bully the bully.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

Don't think we'll get the Garcia-Rematch. Think we'll get Thurman-Matthysse this year.
                I wouldn't mind seeing that fight

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Kiram, somehow, was the #1 contender for the WBA strap. So that's why Matthysse had to fight him. Made for a dull fight but what are you gonna do.

I think that would be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by UliTheDestroyer View Post
                    So another volume puncher that beat Spence in the ams... lol I been saying that’s his kryptonite. Castaño beat him the same way... you bully the bully.
                    im not up on the amatuer wins and losses but at this time, i dont think omar will be able to beat spence now. Omar has taken a hellava lot of punches. No way he makes it to the 12 round. as matter of fact the so called championship rounds. he is too hittable.

Comment

Working...
                    X