Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse: I Want Manny Pacquiao or Danny Garcia Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matthysse: I Want Manny Pacquiao or Danny Garcia Rematch

INGLEWOOD - Leading up to Saturday's fight, Lucas Matthysse vowed that boxing fans would again see 'The Machine.' It took seven-plus rounds for that to happen. 'The Machine' also won a vacant world title belt. Matthysse (39-4, 36 knockouts) ended a boring, and at times sloppy, fight in round eight, dropping Tewa Kiram twice to win by knockout before an announced and partisan crowd of 6,143 at The Forum.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ahhhh lovely, HBO fighter calls out a PBC fighter and an ESPN fighter, both of which he knows he has 0% chance of fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Ahhhh lovely, HBO fighter calls out a PBC fighter and an ESPN fighter, both of which he knows he has 0% chance of fighting.
      Yea that sucks. Id love to see the Garcia rematch. I think Lucas could get the w.

Comment

Make Matthysse -broner, that is the fight we all wanna see.

Comment

this fight should be investigated. kiram dived.

anyway matthysse has no business at 147.

danny thoroughly whooped him. rematch unwarranted.

and the WBA out of control wit all these damn belts. it makes the label "world champion" meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            Matthysse is a GBP fighter and GBP also has a deal with ESPN. Matthysse doesn't have an HBO contract and is done as a top fighter in this sport. If Pacquiao is actually interested, GBP and Matthysse would sign up/cash out in a heartbeat.

It would be interesting because then Pacquiao and Crawford could unify the WBA "regular" and WBO WW titles in the fall. Then as WBA "regular" champion, Crawford could force the WBA mandatory against Thurman. Three fights later, Crawford is the WBA, WBC, and WBO champion and the world is demanding Crawford-Spence for the undisputed + lineal title. Crawford secures his 2nd undisputed title in as many divisions, his 3rd lineal title, and cements his status as the preeminent fighter in the sport. 154 is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
              Yea that sucks. Id love to see the Garcia rematch. I think Lucas could get the w.
              A worthy rematch. First fight was pretty good. Danny went south a few too many times, as I recall. I wonder if Lucas can exact revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                this fight should be investigated. kiram dived.

anyway matthysse has no business at 147.

danny thoroughly whooped him. rematch unwarranted.

and the WBA out of control wit all these damn belts. it makes the label "world champion" meaningless.
                Um...yeah...that’s not the way I remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Matthysse is a GBP fighter and GBP also has a deal with ESPN.
                  False. GBP has a deal with ESPN2. For shows GBP gives to ESPN2 for free. Are you suggesting GBP is going to make a monster offer to Garcia or Pacquiao and then give the fight away to ESPN2 for free?

Matthysse doesn't have an HBO contract and is done as a top fighter in this sport. If Pacquiao is actually interested, GBP and Matthysse would sign up/cash out in a heartbeat.
                  Doesn't matter what Pacquiao is interested in. All that matters is what Arum is interested in. Even if GBP gave Arum 5000000000 options in the event that Matthysse wins, it still makes zero business sense for Arum because of how old Matthysse is. Arum needs Pacquiao losing to his young studs before it's too late.

It would be interesting because then Pacquiao and Crawford could unify the WBA "regular" and WBO WW titles in the fall.
                  You're living in a fantasy land. But continue.

Then as WBA "regular" champion, Crawford could force the WBA mandatory against Thurman. Three fights later, Crawford is the WBA, WBC, and WBO champion and the world is demanding Crawford-Spence for the undisputed + lineal title. Crawford secures his 2nd undisputed title in as many divisions, his 3rd lineal title, and cements his status as the preeminent fighter in the sport. 154 is next.
                  Great fanfic. 0% chance any of it happens

Comment

mathysse would definitely be a much better opponent for pac than alvarado...

Comment

Working...
                    X