Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Easter: I Must Fight Tall; I Made the Shafikov Fight Too Hard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Easter: I Must Fight Tall; I Made the Shafikov Fight Too Hard

Robert Easter Jr. learned from the mistakes he made in his last fight. His height is one of Easter's biggest advantages, but the 5-feet-11 lightweight champion fought Denis Shafikov as if he is much shorter than that and made their 12-round fight more difficult than it should've been. Easter is determined to avoid that trap when he encounters another significantly shorter southpaw on Saturday night in Brooklyn, New York.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rene Alvarado beat Shafikov more convincingly

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Rene Alvarado beat Shafikov more convincingly
      Yeah but Shafikov had been in 3 wars in his last 4 fights against Barthelemy, Easter and Commey , by the time Alvarado got to him he was really busted up. Great win for Alvarado though.

Comment

I thought the Shafikov fight was a lot closer than what the cards read and what most thought. I actually had it a draw but no arguments Easter won.

Comment

when easter fights a guy that can get inside pretty good and has some power and head movement..can keep it up all day..fighting tall won't help..he's gonna need some other boxing skills to get through the opponent

Comment

Hope Easter wins. Wanna see bunny vs Mikey down the line

Comment

He clearly beat Shaf, but he's right and it's good to see him acknowledge that he didn't fight smart. When you're at that level, you need to use your assets and not play to the other guy's strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                I thought the Shafikov fight was a lot closer than what the cards read and what most thought. I actually had it a draw but no arguments Easter won.
                You and me both. Those cards were atrocious!! They made CJ Ross and Byrd very proud of their teachings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  You and me both. Those cards were atrocious!! They made CJ Ross and Byrd very proud of their teachings.
                  Shafikov shouldve fought that 1 in austrailia lol

Comment

Working...
                  X