Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Will Remain at 115, No Intention of Dropping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Will Remain at 115, No Intention of Dropping

Former four division world champion Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez of Nicaragua held a press conference to officially confirm Gustavo Herrera as his new trainer, and Alfredo Corrales as being the main in charge of his physical preparation. Gonzalez discussed his plans for 2018 and the future, reclaiming a world title and once again becoming the best pound-for-pound fighter in boxing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like this decision. 115 still has a lot of great fights for him.

Comment

The only guy that gives RG a good fight at Flyweight is Diago Higa, 100% KO ratio BEAST ; Donnie Nietes is ok as hes never been stopped but hes never fighting anyone great.

Brian Viloria is reported to be fighting Artem Dalakian for the vacant 'Regular' WBA 112 title -- not the 'Super' same title Ioka just vacated after he retired, thats a step down from world level titles in my opinion and I dont think I want to see that rematch.

Sho Kimura just whooped on Zoo Shiming and stopped Toshiyuki Igarashi about a week ago, but he brings no money and the WBO is trash.

With Inoue vacating 'Superfly' and Rungvisai-Estrada ( two P4P boxers) fighting in the coming months we are potentially looking at a new LINEAL CHAMPION ; many roads and oportunity for RG regardless of the outcome between those two: Yafai, Jerwin Ancajas, Rau’Shee Warren, Jonas Sultan, and Rex-Tso possibly fighting for Inoues old title -- 115 remains HOT.

Comment

Probably a mistake, but with Inoue moving up, RG probably has a chance vs everyone else besides Rungvisai. Estrada might be too big for him too now though. Who knows. He won't reach P4P dominance again at 115 but he could still beat the other titlists.

Comment

Remains to be seen how much he has left at that top level in my opinion. He could still win a paper title though.

Comment

he looks pudgy in the mid section at 115..he's just being lazy to cut the 3 pounds or maybe the lack of money fights at 112 is the real reason..he's still a top 5 115-pounder IMO but just has to managed right after those two draining fights with srisaket sor rungvisai to get to a world title position again

Comment

yeah 115 is stack why leave, no offense to inoue :P... hehe

Comment

Nietes vs Gonzales i think is an interesting fight

Comment

Luis Concepcion is rumored to be next for Chocolatito

Comment

Working...
                  X