Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor's Coach Will Push Hard To Avoid Boxing, Return To MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McGregor's Coach Will Push Hard To Avoid Boxing, Return To MMA

Last week, UFC President Dana White revealed that his company superstar, Conor McGregor, was mentally focused on securing a rematch with Floyd Mayweather. And White didn't hold back when he said his fighter wanted the rematch "badly." The two fighters collided last August at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

its the right thing..he hasn't defended the ufc belt since Nov 2016..and there are contenders at 155 that could usurp him as champion that have been due their shot..besides with that stamina any decent boxer will eat him up..retired fat Paulie malignaggi could possibly go toe to toe,the distance with him..although I think he beats paulie

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
      its the right thing..he hasn't defended the ufc belt since Nov 2016..and there are contenders at 155 that could usurp him as champion that have been due their shot..besides with that stamina any decent boxer will eat him up..retired fat Paulie malignaggi could possibly go toe to toe,the distance with him..although I think he beats paulie
      He doesnt beat paulie. Floyd was carrying conor all nighy. Paulie whooped him in training. If conor woulda even held his own other tham the 4 or 5 8 second edited clips from the sparring that white said he would release after the mayweather bout but never did then they would actually release it.

Comment

I'll be surprised if he doesn't box again, but everything does seem to be lining up to a MMA fight next time.

Comment

McGregor is one of those guys who let money change him. I don't think he'll have the same focus coming back again. I doubt he comes back with the type of money that UFC offers its fighters. His highest payday was $3 mil. The UFC would probably go to maybe $10 mil for his next fight with a PPV percentage - is he really going to take that? Would his ego let him?

Comment

4 million ppv for a freak fight? It's a crazy world we living in.

Comment

He needs to retire from combat sports. He made his money and you can see he doesn't have the hunger anymore, even if he has that hunger, it's nothing compare to those guys who are waiting for him in MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                McGregor is one of those guys who let money change him. I don't think he'll have the same focus coming back again. I doubt he comes back with the type of money that UFC offers its fighters. His highest payday was $3 mil. The UFC would probably go to maybe $10 mil for his next fight with a PPV percentage - is he really going to take that? Would his ego let him?
                How did he change? He's always done sh^t to get attention & say outrageous things.

The only thing I've seen change is he's proven his value is as big as he claimed. So now the UFC gots to pay up for him to fight again. I can't fault the guy for wanting his raise that he deserves. I mean the guy was in the 2nd biggest BOXING match of all time (PPV-wise). And we all know this cat ain't really a boxer.

Comment

Working...
                X