Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse Motivated, Giving Everything He Has in Training Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matthysse Motivated, Giving Everything He Has in Training Camp

Dangerous welterweight puncher Lucas Matthysse, 35 years old, is hoping that his third time will be the charm. Matthysse failed in his two previous attempts to capture a world title. In 2013, he lost a twelve round decision to then unified junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia. And in 2015, Matthysse was knocked out for the first time when he was lost to Viktor Postol - as they fought for the vacant WBC junior welterweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

it's strange that with all the belts and all the fights lucas has been involved this is only his 3rd title fight. war lucas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      it's strange that with all the belts and all the fights lucas has been involved this is only his 3rd title fight. war lucas!!!
      Matthysse has never been a true, full world champion. The closest he got was when he held the WBC interim title.

And even if he wins this next fight he would still only get the WBA "regular" belt. Keith Thurman is the real WBA champion.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Matthysse has never been a true, full world champion. The closest he got was when he held the WBC interim title.

And even if he wins this next fight he would still only get the WBA "regular" belt. Keith Thurman is the real WBA champion.
        At least it's something for Matthysse. Winning a WBA Regular is better than Argentinian fans ditching him for Lil'G..

Right, Maxi?! Where you at, couz!?

Comment

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
          At least it's something for Matthysse. Winning a WBA Regular is better than Argentinian fans ditching him for Lil'G..

Right, Maxi?! Where you at, couz!?

Comment

i think you didn't understand my post. this is lucas third world title fight. just 3 world title fights for him with this one and he has fought a lot and there are so many belts out there is fucked up he didn't have many more chances.

i'm against interim belts, regular belts and all that shit, but with thurman fighting once a year i'm not against this one.

Comment

i think you didn't understand my post. this is lucas third world title fight. just 3 world title fights for him with this one and he has fought a lot and there are so many belts out there is fucked up he didn't have many more chances.

i'm against interim belts, regular belts and all that shit, but with thurman fighting once a year i'm not against this one.
              I get what you're saying.

But in addition to that...with how long Matthysse has been around he has never been a true world champion. Which is pretty surprising when you think about it.

Comment

I actually like those spots. They are lottery tickets to enforce the bigger fight. If you've got a promoter that can fork up those opportunities for his fighter then that's good. The Klitchko's never gave Loeffler any #1 ranked spots for Golovkin in the other ABCs... that's rather odd, as Golovkin has been a commodity for K2 for how many years? Doesn't make any sense. Loeffler and Lil'G all late in the game, GBP be like, "fugggg outta here, you'z amateur."

Comment

I get what you're saying.

But in addition to that...with how long Matthysse has been around he has never been a true world champion. Which is pretty surprising when you think about it.
                  poor management

Comment

poor management
                    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Golden Boy has poorly managed Lucas

He should stuck with Haymon. I guarantee Haymon would have gotten him the 140lb IBF belt which Lipinets now holds

Comment

Working...
                    X