Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rex Tso in Line For Title Shot With Naoya Inoue's Move To 118

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rex Tso in Line For Title Shot With Naoya Inoue's Move To 118

The stars are aligning for Hong Kong's unbeaten super flyweight, Rex Tso Sing-yu, to finally step up and fight for a world title in 2018. The city's most successful and famous pugilist has been eyeing a world title shot for years and he might finally get his shot with news that WBO super flyweight champion Naoya Inoue is expected to vacate his title as he moves up to bantamweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm still disgusted by Inoue moving up from such a STACKED division. HBO would have forced the top guys to fight him.

He's claiming Yafai turned him down but the HBO guys would have had no choice but to fight him. I'm convinced this is a duck to not risk fighting one of those guys and possibly losing. No one can tell me otherwise.
    Last edited by lolpz; 01-02-2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

If ever this fight pushes through, Palicte will be a very tough tough fight for Tso for that vacant 115 title.

Comment

Damn, I feel like americans are so out of the loop with these good Asian fighters. I am glad tho they are fighting in their own country and getting paid for it. I guess boxers don't care about world fame and being super rich like floyd.

Comment

Hong Kong Pride!

Comment

This is a great oppurtunity for both boxer who want to be a champ palicte is a hard puncher i think he will knock tso

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              I'm still disgusted by Inoue moving up from such a STACKED division. HBO would have forced the top guys to fight him.

He's claiming Yafai turned him down but the HBO guys would have had no choice but to fight him. I'm convinced this is a duck to not risk fighting one of those guys and possibly losing. No one can tell me otherwise.
              http://www.boxingscene.com/naoya-ino...-money--123087
              Will this convince you?
              Also, Inoue is struggling to make weight at 115. Furthermore, Ancajas turned down three offers to fight Inoue. The WBC are constantly ordering fights, so Inoue can't jump in the Gonzalez, Rungvisai, Cuadras, and Estrada rivalries. Struggling to make weight + no big fights = moving up in weight.

Comment

Man if Tso can pull this **** off...WOW! remember the numbers Zoo Chains did in China? 300 MILLION Chinese tuned in just for his pro debut.

The Philipines Aston Palicte is gunning for the WBO and he just fought last month for the North American Boxing Federation ( a minor WBO title ) vs. Jose Alfredo Rodriguez with a record of 32-6-0 and beat the seasoned the veteran by KO, so he looks to be lined up to compete for the vacant superfly title.

I find it interesting that Rex Tso manager Jay Lau Chi-yuen words reflect a reluctance and caution by saying Rex would have to agree to fighting for the world title, but I'm not surprised as the top 115 contenders rated by the WBO are very experienced and dangerous for Tso : Palicte, Felipe Orucuta, Jose Martinez would be considered slight underdogs ; nevertheless who at 115 gives Tso a better chance at winning a legit world title? all the top champions are more skilled and stronger than Rex but more importantly primed -- remember Rex got lucky with a faded Kono.

Comment

Originally posted by Stynpine View Post
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/naoya-ino...-money--123087
                  Will this convince you?
                  Also, Inoue is struggling to make weight at 115. Furthermore, Ancajas turned down three offers to fight Inoue. The WBC are constantly ordering fights, so Inoue can't jump in the Gonzalez, Rungvisai, Cuadras, and Estrada rivalries. Struggling to make weight + no big fights = moving up in weight.
                  You're joking right? You're telling me the WBC wouldn't make an exception for a unification mega fight on HBO against any of those guys?

Did you suddenly forget unifications bypass mandatories? I loveeeee and I mean loveee how biased you boxing fans are. It's just wonderful. I really love it.

Ancajas is locked in with Top Rank and ESPN, Yafai fights overseas in the U.K on those shows over there and wants to make a few defenses before taking a fight like that. It's all smoke and mirrors Mr. 39 posts. THEY KNEW they'd get turned down, that's why they mention those fights being turned down in these articles, and there is ZERO mention of Inoue fighting any of the other guys who actually fight on the SAME network and SAME card and SAME weight division in the SAME tournament. It is IMPOSSBILE that a fight with EITHER ONE of those guys you just mentioned can't be made. IMPOSSIBLE.

This is a DUCK.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                    You're joking right? You're telling me the WBC wouldn't make an exception for a unification mega fight on HBO against any of those guys?

Did you suddenly forget unifications bypass mandatories? I loveeeee and I mean loveee how biased you boxing fans are. It's just wonderful. I really love it.

Ancajas is locked in with Top Rank and ESPN, Yafai fights overseas in the U.K on those shows over there and wants to make a few defenses before taking a fight like that. It's all smoke and mirrors Mr. 39 posts. THEY KNEW they'd get turned down, that's why they mention those fights being turned down in these articles, and there is ZERO mention of Inoue fighting any of the other guys who actually fight on the SAME network and SAME card and SAME weight division in the SAME tournament. It is IMPOSSBILE that a fight with EITHER ONE of those guys you just mentioned can't be made. IMPOSSIBLE.

This is a DUCK.
                    Someone seems angry. Inoue has mentioned wanting to fight on the SuperFly2 card provided he gets a unification bout. Yafai was interested in fighting on the SuperFly2 card. But when Inoue made an offer to him, he declined. Eddie Hearn came out with this fact on Twitter, not Inoue's team. I have no idea where this speculation that Inoue's team knew they would get turned down came from. Read the rest of the article. Yafai said he would do unification fights after the Ishida fight, not do more defenses in the UK. Yet he turned down a unification.

Also, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. You're saying that Inoue is ducking because of the high risk involved, yet wouldn't Yafai be doing the same thing by turning down Inoue? Same thing with Ancajas. Ancajas was offered a fight before the Conlan fight to unify on December 30. He declined. On SuperFly2, Ancajas was offered a fight provided Inoue got past Boyeaux with no injuries. He went with Top Rank instead. So isn't Ancajas ducking like Inoue supposedly is? Cuadras was ordered to fight Estrada. Gonzalez had a deal to unify with Inoue if he got past Rungvisai in their rematch, but lost by KO. (http://www.asianboxing.info/asian-ne...or-super-fight) Rungvisai decided to clear out his mandatory with Estrada because the WBC ordered it. Sure, Rungvisai could have unified with Inoue, but he chose to fight Estrada. This deal was made WHILE Inoue was looking for a defense on December 30. It's not that the WBC didn't allow it, it's that Rungvisai chose Estrada over Inoue because it was ordered.

Inoue is not willing to struggle to make weight anymore, as he was reporting issues nearing the end of 2016. In fact, Inoue's last fight was supposed to be his bantamweight debut, but he stuck around for the possibility of a unification. Alas, it never happened. Inoue vs Tete is more likely than a fight with Rungvisai. So no, Inoue isn't ducking. It's just that either every other top name is busy or turning down fights with him. Inoue and his team have never declined a fight since 2014. Never. Anybody who has known Inoue and the Super Flyweight scene since 2014 can tell you that.
                    Last edited by Stynpine; 01-02-2018, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X