Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zou Shiming's Wife Alleges Boxer Owed Money, Forced To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zou Shiming's Wife Alleges Boxer Owed Money, Forced To Fight

As BoxingScene.com reported last week, the career of two-time Olympic gold medal winner Zou Shiming is in jeopardy due to serious health problems related to his left eye. Zou was sent to a hospital in Shanghai last week following the sudden loss of vision in his left eye on a flight from Beijing last week. Now there is a lot of controversy, after Zou's wife, Ran Yingying, made allegations against the boxer's agent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds like what happenes to Cuban boxers ALL the time.

Very sad! Thats why I LOVE seeing fighters handle their own careers and get away from shady promotors and agents.

For every Floyd, Oscar, Mikey, their is a Zou, Rig., Gamboa type boxer that fights well past their age and or worse with known health issues.

Hope he retires and doesnt lose that eye or worse.

Comment

Damn. Not my boy Zou

Comment

I wonder zou/who is responsible for this mess?

Comment

Does anyone know what his purses were ?....he must have made astronomical songs during his short career especially at that low weight class... they don't pay that kind of money of those weight classes the only other thing I could think of would be public appearances and endorsements but you have to remember he's in a communist country...

Comment

My prayers too bro that everything will come out fine

Comment

Yingying Ran bad and all, but I wouldn't want her putting my business out like that.

Comment

Hoping Zou's eye can recover, and that all this mess gets sorted out. Sad to hear.

Comment

"Zou was sent to a hospital in Shanghai last week following the sudden loss of vision in his left eye on a flight from Beijing last week."

" ...she said that there were broken bones found in Zou’s eye socket and doctors also suspected his optic nerve was damaged. She says her husband suffered similar injuries in 2014 - but at the time Zou needed to fight as the bout had been arranged by his agent. After that match, the doctors had advised Zou to stop fighting or risked becoming blind."

Very sad.

Kell Brook shouldn't have quit because of a second broken eye socket against Spence doe ...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Sounds like what happenes to Cuban boxers ALL the time.
                    Lmao Funny. When I read the headline, my response was going to be, “So what else is new?” Lol But I was going to follow with something a friend of mine told me the day after the Lomo-Rigo fight. It’s rumored that Rigondeaux was pressured into taking the ill-advised match-up due to money problems. I haven’t brought it up before, because rumors are a dime a dozen, and I have no proof, but it doesn’t seem unlikely, does it?

In all fairness to Cuban boxers, however, it’s historically been a widespread issue among boxers in general. Fighters tend to come from poor, relatively uneducated backgrounds. But Cubans that have defected are in an even worse position. They come from a country where the very concept of handling money is foreign. If they aren’t lucky enough to link up with the right handlers, their chances of going broke are probably even higher than the average fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X