Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernstein: Beating Loma Was an Impossible Ask of Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bernstein: Beating Loma Was an Impossible Ask of Rigondeaux

Al Bernstein, Hall of Fame expert analyst and longtime member of the Showtime Sports broadcast team, always believed Guillermo Rigondeaux was in way over his head in the contest with Vasyl Lomachenko from a few weeks ago. Rigondeaux was the WBA super bantamweight champion and moved up by eight pounds, two full weight divisions, to challenge Lomachenko for the vacant WBO super featherweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Winning was a huge ask if we were being real but to be fair to Loma, we still expected more of Rigo despite that

Comment

Wow, the media and the fan boys still aren't done playing the Victim Card for Rigo... he will be a victim for life now... #VictimSquad

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        Wow, the media and the fan boys still aren't done playing the Victim Card for Rigo... he will be a victim for life now... #VictimSquad
        Try reading the actual articles, then you won't sound so foolish ranting about things that weren't even said.

Comment

Greatest fight of the decade they said, two time Olympic gold medalists face each other for the first time ever in Boxing. A game of chess between two masters, a fight between two warriors for the centuries.

Holy crap why the **** was this fight even made?

Rigo is 6 and a half percent lighter than Loma in weight, shorter, but with a 3 inch reach advantage. All things being equal, Loma should have been better than Rigo by 6.5%, perhaps won a 7-5 decision.

But Loma was like a God against an amateur Bum in there.

Loma’s talent was on a level that made Rigo quit like a loser.

It’s not the weight, 6.5 ****ing percent is nothing to justify the complete domination. It was not a Chocolatito vs Joshua fight, it’s a small guy against a very slightly heavier but still small guy.

But now the stupid shlt people write about this fight makes me question why the **** was this fight even made? I mean 6.5% weight difference. Cry me a ****ing river.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            Greatest fight of the decade they said, two time Olympic gold medalists face each other for the first time ever in Boxing. A game of chess between two masters, a fight between two warriors for the centuries.

Rigo is 6 and a half percent lighter than Loma in weight, shorter, but with a 3 inch reach advantage. All things being equal, Loma should have been better than Rigo by 6.5%, perhaps won a 7-5 decision.

It’s not the weight, 6.5 ****ing percent is nothing to justify the complete domination. It was not a Chocolatito vs Joshua fight, it’s a small guy against a very slightly heavier but still small guy.

But now the stupid shlt people write about this fight makes me question why the **** was this fight even made? I mean 6.5% weight difference. Cry me a ****ing river.
            This math is dumb and you should feel dumb for having posted it

Would you expect a 160lber to beat a 140lber by 14.3% aka still closer to 7-5 than any other score?

No because that's a terrible way to determine how much the weight should impact the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post

how did loma ever survive those shots on the belt and thigh against salido man? what a legend!

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                This math is dumb and you should feel dumb for having posted it

Would you expect a 160lber to beat a 140lber by 14.3% aka still closer to 7-5 than any other score?

No because that's a terrible way to determine how much the weight should impact the fight
                No and I would not have posted this in such a situation as 140-160. You take it as a linear equation, which I never implied. I posted this only for this specific fight weight difference. In this case an almost negligible 6%

That being said, in your example, I am sure any decent 140 fighter would do much better than bltch out and quit like Rigo did. So no Bob, you are wrong to generalize my post and especially wrong to use the math in a linear manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Try reading the actual articles, then you won't sound so foolish ranting about things that weren't even said.
                  Obviously nobody would use the word "Victim" - they just imply it - it's a Victim culture we live in thanks to Libturds like you.

Now go make more dummy accounts and keep propping up your own rep power - you obviously have an excessive amount of time on your hands, loser.

Comment

The thing is, nobody wanted this fight except for Rigo. Even Loma said he don't want that fight but it was interpreted as ducking. You wanted it, you got it
                    Last edited by g27region; 12-25-2017, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X