Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ivan Calderon on Missing Out on HOF Nod: My Time Will Come

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ivan Calderon on Missing Out on HOF Nod: My Time Will Come

In his first year of eligibility, former world champion Ivan Calderon of Puerto Rico did not receive enough votes to enter the Boxing Hall of Fame. With merit, motivation and unlimited eligibility, Calderon is confident that he will eventually enter the International Boxing Hall of Fame in the future. A few weeks ago, three names were elected to the Hall of Fame: the Mexico's Erik Morales, Ukrainian Vitali Klitschko and Ronald 'Winky' Wright of the United States.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This guy was one of the purest boxers that we have ever seen. Not much power but an unbelievable amount of skill. Not sure about Winky getting in over him although he did have massive victories over Mosley and Trinidad so that probably put him over the top. Calderon's time will come.

Comment

this was a class with a couple of locks in morales and vitali when in his prime calderon was the sole owner of his weight class as close to untouchable as they come and hes very classy when segura the man who took his 0 and belt went to puerto rico to fight an undefeated rican prospect jonathan la bomba somehing calderon received segura and had him train in his gym for a fight against a rican now thats class and humbleness hopes he gets in when a weaker class comes up.

Comment

Calderon should have been selected instead of Vitali.

Comment

Calderon doesnt deserve it imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Navalny20!8 View Post
            Calderon should have been selected instead of Vitali.
            Are you ******ed?

Vitali has never been dropped as a heavyweight and has two controversial losses - in fights in which he was winning both - arguably never has lost a legit boxing match as a pro - even Floyd lost to Castillo the first time...

Vitali is arguably the greatest heavyweight of all time...

Calderon was mediocre - and we shouldn't turn the Boxing Hall of Fame into the HOF like other sports where almost everyone gets in...

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
              Calderon doesnt deserve it imo.
              I hope that boxing doesn't become like baseball, football, basketball etc. where they let in even very good professionals. The Hall of Fame should only be for elite pros!

We don't need a watered-down HOF in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                Are you ******ed?

Vitali has never been dropped as a heavyweight and has two controversial losses - in fights in which he was winning both - arguably never has lost a legit boxing match as a pro - even Floyd lost to Castillo the first time...

Vitali is arguably the greatest heavyweight of all time...

Calderon was mediocre - and we shouldn't turn the Boxing Hall of Fame into the HOF like other sports where almost everyone gets in...
                Could you please tell me Vitali's best 3 wins? In my opinion, Vitali's resume is too weak for him to be a 1st Ballot Hall of Famer.

Also, I never said that we should let all boxers into the Hall of Fame. If there was only one spot left and the choice was between Calderon and Vitali, then Calderon is the one who should have gotten in.

P.S. TKO6

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                  I hope that boxing doesn't become like baseball, football, basketball etc. where they let in even very good professionals. The Hall of Fame should only be for elite pros!

We don't need a watered-down HOF in boxing
                  That was thrown out the window when Gatti got in.

Comment

Originally posted by Navalny20!8 View Post
                    Could you please tell me Vitali's best 3 wins? In my opinion, Vitali's resume is too weak for him to be a 1st Ballot Hall of Famer.

Also, I never said that we should let all boxers into the Hall of Fame. If there was only one spot left and the choice was between Calderon and Vitali, then Calderon is the one who should have gotten in.

P.S. TKO6
                    Says the guy with GGG as his avatar

But for real, do you think GGG deserves to be HOF?

Comment

Working...
                    X