Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zou Shiming's Career in Jeopardy, Suspected Detached Retina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zou Shiming's Career in Jeopardy, Suspected Detached Retina

Chinese boxing superstar Zou Shiming's career is in jeopardy after the former WBO flyweight world champion suffered a suspected detached retina on a flight home. Zou was returning to Shanghai from Beijing, where he attended the Laureus China Top Ten Sports Awards, when he complained to his wife, Ran Yingying, that he might have lost vision in his left eye on Thursday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Best of luck to him to at least salvage his eyesight. Retina can be a bad beast when seriously injured.

Comment

believe in karma - Arum

Comment

Did Sho Kimura end the legends career?! incidentally Sho Kimura is fighting on the undercard of the jr. Lightweight unification match for the IBF World Light Flyweight Title and WBA Super World Light Flyweight between Ryoichi Taguchi vs. Milan Melindo next week in Japan against game Toshiyuki Igarashi.

I just remembered that Kosei Tanaka may have also lost years of his career for a similar injury ( broken eye sockets ) vs. Rangsan Chayanram of Thailand this same year. Best of luck to both.

Comment

Poor Chinese guy. Reading that size 1 font from Arum''s contracts ..is the first boxer to actually understand the fine print...dude's Retina fell out when instantly taking offense.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            Did Sho Kimura end the legends career?! incidentally Sho Kimura is fighting on the undercard of the jr. Lightweight unification match for the IBF World Light Flyweight Title and WBA Super World Light Flyweight between Ryoichi Taguchi vs. Milan Melindo next week in Japan against game Toshiyuki Igarashi.

I just remembered that Kosei Tanaka may have also lost years of his career for a similar injury ( broken eye sockets ) vs. Rangsan Chayanram of Thailand this same year. Best of luck to both.
            Given Zou's age, a few years off is a career killer.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Given Zou's age, a few years off is a career killer.
              Very true, hes lucky that he even managed to 'win' a world title.

Comment

Too bad but not at the end of his career because it can be repaired I remember years ago many years ago the first fighter who ever had a detached retina repaired by laser was Ben Villaflor from the Philippines had it done in Hawaii...Zou was protected early by the WBC and given fights he should have never had because he didn't earn them but you don't want him to go out like this because of an injury

Comment

It's a shame that his career had to end this way, but honestly I can't say I'm terribly upset beyond that. I always thought his career was a sham going back to the 2012 Olympics.

Comment

Working...
                  X