Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Corcoran to Horn: This Isn't a Head-Butting Contest; Fight Fair!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Corcoran to Horn: This Isn't a Head-Butting Contest; Fight Fair!

Gary Corcoran has watched more than enough footage of Jeff Horn's fights to determine Horn's head has intentionally been used as a weapon. England's Corcoran continued to point out Monday that Horn's head-butts shouldn't be allowed when they fight for Horn's WBO welterweight title Wednesday in Brisbane, Australia, Horn's hometown. The WBO has assigned American referee Benjy Esteves to officiate their scheduled 12-round fight at Brisbane's Convention & Exhibition Centre (ESPN; 6:30 a.m. EST).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nice guys finish last. Not a fan of dirty tactics, or rather I never used to be, but a fighter's career and earning potential can be drastically impacted by a single win or loss.

Why would you ask for fighters to fight fair? Tell the referees to DO THEIR JOB and you won't ever have an issue

Comment

The talk of Horn being dirty is really getting to him and his team. I guess the truth really does hurt.

Comment

how the hell is this guy who's ranked 73rd getting a title shot anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
          how the hell is this guy who's ranked 73rd getting a title shot anyway
          Definitely not a cherry pick. Nooo siree Bob.

Comment

Horn is dirtier than Kell Brook in Tenerife.

Still as I always say in a fight if you can get away with it...do it. If you get called on your dirty play...accept the point deductions, accept the criticism from fighters and fans and don't cry about being called "dirty".

So far he's not been reprimanded for his style but get a decent enough referee that hasn't had his palms greased then I suspect that will change.

Comment

no RBR yet?
              I hope Horn gets pummeled. lol

Comment

Fark me, and he was talking about Horn being dirty!? Holy ****, absolutely hilarious.

Comment

That was genuinely hilarious at times. Whines about dirty fighting, then comes in trying to break the record for how many fouls of every kind he could land in one fight.

Comment

Yeah, this was a tough fight to watch. Far more grappling than actual boxing action. The ref needed to take control early with that and he never did.

Comment

Working...
                    X