Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Tripleheader Peaked at 618,000 Viewers Saturday Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO's Tripleheader Peaked at 618,000 Viewers Saturday Night

HBO's "Boxing After Dark" tripleheader amounted to an entertaining telecast Saturday night, but its ratings dropped from the network's previous two boxing offerings due to a lack of star power and some competition. A week after Puerto Rican icon Miguel Cotto's farewell fight, an upset, unanimous-decision defeat to Sadam Ali, peaked at 1,012,000 viewers, Saturday's broadcast drew a peak audience of 618,000 during the main event. That bout, an action-packed brawl Miguel Roman won by ninth-round technical knockout against Orlando Salido, averaged 576,000 viewers, according to ratings released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not bad numbers considering they were up against ESPN/Loma-Rigo and their headliner was Salido.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Not bad numbers considering they were up against ESPN/Loma-Rigo and their headliner was Salido.
      HBOs main event started an hour later after the Loma fight was over. They really didn't go head to head. We had both fights on at a party but everyone went outside after the Loma fight and showed no interest in the HBO fights.

Comment

Those were good fights. Watched the HBO card on my DVR after I got home from watching Loma/Rigo.

I would call both cards truly successful. HBO couldn't have been hoping for too much better.

Comment

Working...
        X