Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Former Manager: Rigondeaux Will Be Remembered For Quit Job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Former Manager: Rigondeaux Will Be Remembered For Quit Job

Boxing manager Gary Hyde was shaking his head on Saturday night, after WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux quit on his stool after six completed rounds in his highly anticipated fight with WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko at The Theater in Madison Square Garden in New York City. It was the first time in boxing history two, two-time Olympic gold medal winners were matched up in the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I really hope that as fans we eventually get past Rigo's decision to quit but unless he does something major like becomes undisputed champion of his division or beats an elite featherweight I believe this will come up first instead of his accomplishments.

I'm interested to see when Rigo does come back or if he does come back. Will his mental game be strong or will someone with less skill break him.

Comment

He'll be remembered for quitting against Loma, ducking the other top fighters with the exception of taking one fight against an overhyped Donaire... Pretty much sums this excuse-having quitter's career.

QUITondeaux - please go back to Japan and get dropped by jabs from C-level fighters

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
        I really hope that as fans we eventually get past Rigo's decision to quit but unless he does something major like becomes undisputed champion of his division or beats an elite featherweight I believe this will come up first instead of his accomplishments.

I'm interested to see when Rigo does come back or if he does come back. Will his mental game be strong or will someone with less skill break him.
        QUITondeaux is the new Kell Brook of the lower weight classes...

Comment

This will scar his legacy forever. He quit in the big moment of his career. And, it was a "I don't wanna do this" quit. It was a life changing decision he made.

Comment

I could give him a pass if he was getting beat up or was seriously hurt - but he wasn't. He was barely hurt. It would have been better, certainly for his image, if he would have just been DQ'd for excessive holding.

Comment

Ill remember him for being a boring ass pro fighter
              Decorated amatuer

Comment

Its the trash talk that hurt in the end combined with the no mas that will hurt him the most. He had a lot of people believing the hype with his social media starting a rigolution movement, a lot of unhappy people.

Comment

Sadly this is true this ws Rigondeauxs biggest stage yet, ESPN really pushed him too for a month and half they would run commercials on this fight and promos, especially on espn deportes, Rigo quit in a fight that he wasnt even taking any real damage, he just quit because he knew he couldnt touch Rigo with anything and that the fight would get worse as Loma started throwing more and more shots.

I mean he wasnt even badly hurt wtf, I could understand if you took a vicious beating and didnt want to come out but dam, Rigo just has no heart.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Boxing manager Gary Hyde was shaking his head on Saturday night, after WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux quit on his stool after six completed rounds in his highly anticipated fight with WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko at The Theater in Madison Square Garden in New York City. It was the first time in boxing history two, two-time Olympic gold medal winners were matched up in the ring.
                    [Click Here To Read More]

Hyde is correct, Rigo quit !

but, he was also correct when he said this.....

Personally I would never have allowed Rigo take this fight at 130lb. Rigo is a very small guy and sometimes weighs 119lb. I would have loved to pitch Rigo against Lomachenko three years ago at a lower weight of 126 and when Rigo wasn’t so old. 37 is really old, more so in the lighter weights.".

“In my opinion Rigo is every bit as good as Loma. Actually I believe they are equal in terms of talent but Rigo is two weight categories lighter and nine years older. Rigo got $400k for the fight which is by any standards a complete rip off. Maybe he was just sick of boxing and getting the wrong end of the stick. So sick that he just said ‘to hell with it.
                    "

Comment

Working...
                    X