Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez's Manager Reacts To DeGale, Says Eubank Wins WBSS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benavidez's Manager Reacts To DeGale, Says Eubank Wins WBSS

In several recent interviews, IBF super middleweight world champion James DeGale revealed that he wants to have a unification with WBC champion David Benavidez in the first quarter of next year. DeGale (23-1-1, 14 KOs) returns late tonight at Copperbox in London, when he faces Caleb Truax.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"There is an important issue here. We will have a mandatory defense against the WBSS champion. I respect each of one of them in the WBSS. Whoever wins the Ali Trophy, we have mandatory position against him. '' - Sampson Lewkowicz

hmm...maybe Sampson Lewkowicz is not aware that George Groves is WBA champion, but then again Lewkowicz picking E.U bum jr. to win the WBSS 168 euro-bum tournament , then you got bum Callum Smith who already ducked the opportunity to fight for the WBC against Anthony Dirrell -- he shouldn't even qualify for another shot at the WBC title as far as I'm concern.

Also, I was a bit dishearten to read that Benavidez manager seems to be ducking a unification with James 'Chunky' Degale by using the lack of capital as a excuse and surprised me at the same time given what James said a about a week ago that Al Haymon said Benavidez was next...I knew it sound to good to be true.

Sampson is hoping that E.U bum jr. or Callum Smith win the WBSS because both of them are more winnable fights, James style is all wrong for David, in addition to the benefit in style the experience of E.U bum jr. and Callum Smith at world level is arguably less than Benavidez ; the false 'prestige' of being the winner of the WBSS and added WBA crown would surely help sell the fight...so its looking bad for Degale that these guys are not of his mindset trying to prove who is the best, remember James 'Chunky' Degale is rated #1.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      "There is an important issue here. We will have a mandatory defense against the WBSS champion. I respect each of one of them in the WBSS. Whoever wins the Ali Trophy, we have mandatory position against him. '' - Sampson Lewkowicz

hmm...maybe Sampson Lewkowicz is not aware that George Groves is WBA champion, but then again Lewkowicz picking E.U bum jr. to win the WBSS 168 euro-bum tournament , then you got bum Callum Smith who already ducked the opportunity to fight for the WBC against Anthony Dirrell -- he shouldn't even qualify for another shot at the WBC title as far as I'm concern.

Also, I was a bit dishearten to read that Benavidez manager seems to be ducking a unification with James 'Chunky' Degale by using the lack of capital as a excuse and surprised me at the same time given what James said a about a week ago that Al Haymon said Benavidez was next...I knew it sound to good to be true.

Sampson is hoping that E.U bum jr. or Callum Smith win the WBSS because both of them are more winnable fights, James style is all wrong for David, in addition to the benefit in style the experience of E.U bum jr. and Callum Smith at world level is arguably less than Benavidez ; the false 'prestige' of being the winner of the WBSS and added WBA crown would surely help sell the fight...so its looking bad for Degale that these guys are not of his mindset trying to prove who is the best, remember James 'Chunky' Degale is rated #1.
      Callum Smith didn't exactly duck Dirrell... Dirrell messed him about and in the end he decided to say screw him and fight in the WBSS instead; that's perfectly understandable considering winning the WBSS would give Smith considerable bargaining power.

I'm hoping Groves wins the WBSS (the way I see it the winner of Groves v Eubank Jr will win the overall tournament) as Groves definitely wants to fight DeGale, which would be a massive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
        Callum Smith didn't exactly duck Dirrell... Dirrell messed him about and in the end he decided to say screw him and fight in the WBSS instead; that's perfectly understandable considering winning the WBSS would give Smith considerable bargaining power.

I'm hoping Groves wins the WBSS (the way I see it the winner of Groves v Eubank Jr will win the overall tournament) as Groves definitely wants to fight DeGale, which would be a massive fight.
        It was a duck, what contender in any weight class passes on a world title opportunity over the changing of a venue in the same country? its like saying Deontay Wilder will not fight Joshua because instead of fighting in Liverpool they changed it to England. Clearly Callum Smiths team seen a easy road to the finals of the WBSS in beating Skoglund and the winner of a aged Breahamer or the 160 pounder Rob Brant.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          It was a duck, what contender in any weight class passes on a world title opportunity over the changing of a venue in the same country? its like saying Deontay Wilder will not fight Joshua because instead of fighting in Liverpool they changed it to England. Clearly Callum Smiths team seen a easy road to the finals of the WBSS in beating Skoglund and the winner of a aged Breahamer or the 160 pounder Rob Brant.
          Wasn't just the venue though was it? It was the date too, and that happened more than once. It had been going on long enough that there were doubts that the fight would actually happen, thus he decided to head to the WBSS instead and guarantee a title if he wins that.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
            Wasn't just the venue though was it? It was the date too, and that happened more than once. It had been going on long enough that there were doubts that the fight would actually happen, thus he decided to head to the WBSS instead and guarantee a title if he wins that.
            Well the final issue was the venue considering that changing it obviously included the change in date doesn't it?

I mean when Mismatchroom loses a purse bid, that means you are the 'B' side doesnt it? and you dont call the shots and show up on the date the 'A' side picks, thats how it works, only a chicken like bum Callum Smith walks away to fight euro-bums, no heart whatsoever.

Comment

If i'm Eubank Jr., and I win the WBSS, then I would rather face DeGale for BIG BUCKS, rather fighting Benavidez for a belt. Benavidez should be thinking: One, beat Gavril convincingly! Two, fight Zurdo Ramirez!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                If i'm Eubank Jr., and I win the WBSS, then I would rather face DeGale for BIG BUCKS, rather fighting Benavidez for a belt. Benavidez should be thinking: One, beat Gavril convincingly! Two, fight Zurdo Ramirez!
                I think he wants to milk the belt for a year, make it look like hes targeting the WBSS winner when he knows theres not much of a chance of it happening. Gavril rematch and Dirrell, then onto bigger things in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  I think he wants to milk the belt for a year, make it look like hes targeting the WBSS winner when he knows theres not much of a chance of it happening. Gavril rematch and Dirrell, then onto bigger things in 2019.
                  A fight with Zurdo could happen in 2018! Arum is talking really friendly regarding Haymon and Espinoza (Showtime), so I can see that one happening next summer!

Comment

Benavidez needs to sharpen up on his defense before he faces Chunky!

Chunky if his prime hasn't been destroyed by Jack would school the kid and make him look foolish!

David needs a standing still target to have success and James won't let him have it!

Comment

Working...
                    X