Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamie Conlan Backs His Brother To Really Impress in New York

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jamie Conlan Backs His Brother To Really Impress in New York

Jamie Conlan believes his brother Michael will showcase his superstar potential' in New York this weekend when he fights for the second time at Madison Square Garden's Theater. While Belfast's two-time Olympian was the headline act at MSG for his professional debut last March, Michael Conlan will be a support act at the famous fight venue on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I have to give Micheal big credit here. He is on the big stage, he'll win, or lose where we can all see it and no home town breeding for him. I don't see Hearn or Warren style, who is his manager?

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
      I have to give Micheal big credit here. He is on the big stage, he'll win, or lose where we can all see it and no home town breeding for him. I don't see Hearn or Warren style, who is his manager?
      As far as I am aware he is managed by MTK and promoted by Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
        As far as I am aware he is managed by MTK and promoted by Arum.
        Just saying, they play it close to the vest. Even if they have a talent, they keep it home. Mike isn't fighting names yet, but when he does he'll be able to go get the money. Take Flanagan, for instance. He can box and has good size, but he's going to wait for the money to come to him. He's still waiting.

Comment

I think I'm right in saying that MC has a clause in his contract that allows him a fight in Belfast & Dublin a couple of times a year. "March 17 isn't far away"!

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
            I think I'm right in saying that MC has a clause in his contract that allows him a fight in Belfast & Dublin a couple of times a year. "March 17 isn't far away"!
            It's apparently in his contract that one of his fights per year must be at home but looks like that's already been missed this year so I am guessing it is for him to be offered one fight at home per year.

Comment

Working...
            X