Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Coach: Rigo Will Have To "Fight" if He Wants To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Coach: Rigo Will Have To "Fight" if He Wants To Win

Cicilio Flores has worked with some of the best names in boxing in recent years and is recognised as one of the sport's leading strength and conditioning coaches. Having prepared the likes of Sergio Martnez and Sergey Kovalev in the past, Flores' standout client at the moment is Vasyl Lomachenko who takes on Guillermo Rigondeaux for the WBO super featherweight title this Saturday night in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Exactly, he won't win if he backpedals most of the fight, like he usually does.

Comment

Last call for Rigo, if he does not fight and impress he can call this his last significant paycheck!!! or he could have plan b which is learn English, represent the USA, talk crap, and that will get him mayweather like fame... otherwise he can start hanging the gloves!!! unfortunate for how talented he is but it is what it is!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanStyle#1 View Post
        Last call for Rigo, if he does not fight and impress he can call this his last significant paycheck!!! or he could have plan b which is learn English, represent the USA, talk crap, and that will get him mayweather like fame... otherwise he can start hanging the gloves!!! unfortunate for how talented he is but it is what it is!!!
        You are making it sound like Rigo is fighting a gatekeeper. Rigo finishing this fight on his feet will be an achievement.

Comment

Loma shook AF, Rigo will beat his a$$ back to Ukraine.

Comment

Doubt the judges will score the rounds properly. Rigo might have to break this guys eye socket like Donaire and the Japanese fighter.

Comment

The difference between this and Donaire is that Donaire had become a pure counterpuncher at that stage, largely incapable of leading. Lomachenko has shown lots of creativity in his offence and while Rigo is a tough as it gets as a test of a guy's ability to set up shots, Loma certainly won't run out of ideas like Nonito did. He's a very different fighter.

Because of the weight difference, which isn't massive but is definitely significant, Loma does have the option of just upping his activity and 'forcing' the fight if he wants. So Rigo will have to work, one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                The difference between this and Donaire is that Donaire had become a pure counterpuncher at that stage, largely incapable of leading. Lomachenko has shown lots of creativity in his offence and while Rigo is a tough as it gets as a test of a guy's ability to set up shots, Loma certainly won't run out of ideas like Nonito did. He's a very different fighter.

Because of the weight difference, which isn't massive but is definitely significant, Loma does have the option of just upping his activity and 'forcing' the fight if he wants. So Rigo will have to work, one way or another.
                I expect Loma to fight like he did in the first round of this fight and I cant see Rigo at his size, at his age, and with his inactivity (3 rounds in 2 years iirc) being able to deal with it.

If he pulled it off it would be astonishing. But I cant see past a Loma stoppage. Fight night weight will be within 10lbs or so I would guess, but in terms of natural size, Loma is going to be massive in comparison.

Only hope is the extra reach that Rigo has, maybe he can control distance well enough that he can keep Loma on the edge of his range. But ultimately i cant see Rigo discouraging him enough to achieve that, not over 12 rounds, and its a big part of his style to be able hurt his opponent early and make them tentative of coming forward

Comment

You can be on your bicycle for 12 rounds and win. What do you think Mayweather did for most of his career, and won clearly although got a lucky decision here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    I expect Loma to fight like he did in the first round of this fight and I cant see Rigo at his size, at his age, and with his inactivity (3 rounds in 2 years iirc) being able to deal with it.

If he pulled it off it would be astonishing. But I cant see past a Loma stoppage. Fight night weight will be within 10lbs or so I would guess, but in terms of natural size, Loma is going to be massive in comparison.

Only hope is the extra reach that Rigo has, maybe he can control distance well enough that he can keep Loma on the edge of his range. But ultimately i cant see Rigo discouraging him enough to achieve that, not over 12 rounds, and its a big part of his style to be able hurt his opponent early and make them tentative of coming forward

Another example of similar matchup, besides Toledo

Comment

Working...
                    X