Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Rey Vargas Wins Bloody Battle With Oscar Negrete

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Rey Vargas Wins Bloody Battle With Oscar Negrete

Vargas, Negrete Fight Photos Gallery - NEW YORK CITY - In the co-main event, despite suffering severe gashes over both eyes caused by accidental headbutts, WBC Super Bantamweight World Champion Rey Vargas (31-0, 22 KOs) defended his title a second time,rolling to a 12-round unanimous decision victory over a very game Oscar "El Jaguar" Negrete (17-1, 7 KOs). The scores were 119-109 twice and 120-108.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Now that we have gotten a bigger sample size I have to say that I don't see anything special in Rey Vargas.

Comment

Vargas has not had a KO since he won his title elimination fight 18 most past... but the referee did a very bad job he did not even call the head butts or if he did he did it was off camera... he warned Navare 4 times and never took a point for the low blows terrible... terrible exhibition of a referee not enforcing his power...

Comment

At least he didn't quit. Vargas could have got a technical on points early. All he had to do was say, owwww that hurts, and they would have stopped it. He has some skill, but he "looks" weak. I say look, because I don't know, he might get some big wins looking weak.

Comment

I watch this fight again and it was disgusting that this referee Gonzalez warned the Challenger at least 4 times 4 Low blows and never took a point away and as far as the head butts... he look good but never really had control of the fight a referee that it's too far away from the action and cannot forcibly step in is not in charge

Comment

Vargas has great talent.

But he always likes to put a show and the brawl with his rival when he is too large.

When he decided box in the large distance he did a beauty job.

Vargas rivals need to do a dirty fight to hit him. Otherwise they are not able to box with him.

Only the master Rigo can beat Vargas.

Comment

Working...
            X