Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruslan Provodnikov: Unlikely That I Will Ever Fight Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ruslan Provodnikov: Unlikely That I Will Ever Fight Again

Former WBO junior welterweight champion Ruslan Provodnikov admits that a ring return, at this point, is highly unlikely. Provodnikov, only 33 years old, has been out of the ring since June of 2016, when he suffered a unanimous decision loss to John Molina. The contest was Provodnikov's Showtime televised debut, and the loss derailed some major plans for the boxer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Took enough damage it is smart to stay away. Not like he would do much more anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
      Took enough damage it is smart to stay away. Not like he would do much more anyway.
      He still could've done a farewell fight and cash in on an easy opponent, but maybe he has managed his money nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
        Agreed, he’s clearly done at the the top level, no point just becoming a gatekeeper type. As you say, he’s took enough damage, I hope he enjoys retirement.

Comment

He was always tough work for just about anyone.
          Its just the nature of the beast that a loss can be tantamount to career suicide in this business.
          No wonder ducking is part and parcel of this game.

Comment

Ruslan could never become a gatekeeper, his style is too destructive. Nobody would want to put their prospect against him and even if they did he would only have a few fights left in the tank. It's better to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Agreed, he’s clearly done at the the top level, no point just becoming a gatekeeper type. As you say, he’s took enough damage, I hope he enjoys retirement.
              I like Ruslan be he was never a Top level fighter. The two times he fought Top competition he lost against Mythesse and Bradley.
              He was an entertaining fighter and I hope he retires and enjoys the rest of his life.

Comment

timmy and ruslan should of both retired after a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                  I like Ruslan be he was never a Top level fighter. The two times he fought Top competition he lost against Mythesse and Bradley.
                  He was an entertaining fighter and I hope he retires and enjoys the rest of his life.
                  Agreed man, he always gave it his all in every fight, he had his limitations but his chin, heart and will made up for it a lot of the time, I always wanted to see him fight Marquez for some reason.

Comment

He took way too much punishment to have a long career.

Comment

Working...
                    X