Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kosei Tanaka Vacates WBO Crown, Heading To Flyweight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kosei Tanaka Vacates WBO Crown, Heading To Flyweight Division

World Boxing Organization light flyweight champion Kosei Tanaka has returned his title, an informed source said Friday. The 22-year-old will likely aim for his third WBO title by moving to the flyweight class after capturing the minimumweight title in 2015 and the flyweight belt last December.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tanaka-Kimura should be some good action with Tanaka getting a title in his third weight in as few as 11 fights. Potentially 12 if he eases himself into the weight.

Comment

Two broken eye sockets I don't care what division you are in is going to cause reoccuring problems look what happened with.Kell... it can heal but it never recovers there's no surgery that can make it better and stronger and there's no therapy except for rest or cesstation

Comment

Watch out 112, this kids a great little fighter, Tanaka vs Higa would be a war. I expect him to pick up a belt first though against one of the weaker champs.

Comment

Bit of a shame. Would have loved to see a three title unification with the winner of Taguchi-Melindo, but oh well. It would be really nice to see Tanaka fight Nietes for the title, but he'll probably end up fighting the winner of Kimura-Igarashi or the eventual WBA champion. Still, Tanaka has a bright future ahead of him, and at only 22 years of age. I can see him becoming the new Kazuto Ioka.

Comment

A look back at Kosei Tanaka vs. Rangsan Chayanram in which Kosei suffered his recent injuries. On another note, these HW's are not putting up the battle we got in the lighterweights, its not even close ; those guys are a bunch of bums, these casuals are missing out on proper boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
              Two broken eye sockets I don't care what division you are in is going to cause reoccuring problems look what happened with.Kell... it can heal but it never recovers there's no surgery that can make it better and stronger and there's no therapy except for rest or cesstation
              You do know Brook injury in the Spence fight was the other eye don't you?

Comment

Working...
              X