No announcement yet.

Even Nelson Mandela asked: “Where is Eddie Futch?”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even Nelson Mandela asked: “Where is Eddie Futch?”

The problem with idols and models of goodness is that they tend to infuriate people so much the instinct is to smear or in some way denigrate them. If one person comes out and says a person was as close to perfection as is possible another person will come out with a negative story of some kind. Pure goodness is a model, something to shoot for and in boxing we are blessed with few such models of goodness and integrity. [details]

That was a nice piece.

Comment

this was a good article on eddie futch. i have always admired the work he has done, especially with my all-time favorite fighter, alexis arguello.. is there an award named after eddie futch??? something like, The Eddie Futch Best Trainer of Year award.... i only wish i ws around him to soak up some of his knowledge, i am sure it would have helped my career tremendously!!!!!

Comment

Cheers for your feedback guys, it is much appreciated

There should be an award named after Futch in my opinion, he maintained his dignity throughout a life spent in boxing and is a benchmark for good standards. I'm sure active trainers would receive a Futch award with pride, it takes great character to make the call Futch did in the Manila fight, especially when you consdier how it hamred the relationship with Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by soldieratwar
          this was a good article on eddie futch. i have always admired the work he has done, especially with my all-time favorite fighter, alexis arguello.. is there an award named after eddie futch??? something like, The Eddie Futch Best Trainer of Year award.... i only wish i ws around him to soak up some of his knowledge, i am sure it would have helped my career tremendously!!!!!
          where in MD are you?

Comment

Working...
          X