Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev: I'm Back, My Goal is To Be The Best at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev: I'm Back, My Goal is To Be The Best at 175

Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev regained his WBO light heavyweight world title in classic Krusher fashion with a second round stoppage of Vyacheslav Shabranskyy at the Theater at Madison Square Garden and live on HBO World Championship Boxing. Kovalev came out of the gates swinging, knocking down Shabranskyy twice in the first round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

good to see he considers everyone of them champs beltholders including himself.. they need to unify similar to the wbss..to get on the inside you're gonna have to take some mean shots from him except you wanna resort to clinching and punching him on the inside..I consider him the man to beat non-controversially in the division now ward's gone..his long range fighting is awesome the only chance is to get on the inside..where you got to be tough and have a strong chin..krusher is back!

Comment

Nothing really changed with Kobalev's style jab right jab right. Shabransky was made to order for this guy. Even though I am a Kovalev fan, I can't see him beating someone that is slick and uses a lot of movement.

Comment

He will always beat the slower crude brawler the test is if and when he fights a slick fighter with D heart and who will go to the body and who will test his heart a lot of ifs but true

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Sergey Kovalev: I'm Back

Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev regained his WBO light heavyweight world title ...]
          ... No, you're not back... Being back from alcoholism means much more than KO-ing a helpless dude in one round and a half...

Comment

Originally posted by mabulkhair View Post
            Nothing really changed with Kobalev's style jab right jab right. Shabransky was made to order for this guy. Even though I am a Kovalev fan, I can't see him beating someone that is slick and uses a lot of movement.

Agree with both you and Bronx7 above. Nice win, Kovalev needed that. But he is too experienced, too established, and actually too much of a fighter to serve up another head of cabbage. I really want to see him in the ring with Beterbiev next. A serious fight with another belt holder that other 175lb fighters have avoided and with whom Kovalev has a bad history with. We would see in a hurry if this is a new and improved Kovalev or just more of the same.

Comment

Beterbiev or Stevenson. The only fights that must be made for Kovalev now.

Comment

Most people had him beating Ward the first time. SOG is a slick master boxer. Kovalev's jab and power make him even against anybody.

Comment

I respect your honesty even if you didn't say youd think hed lose to someone slick. I still give u props for saying Shebransky doesn't prove anything at all,as most kovalev fans can't admit even that much. Respect from a kovalev hater.

Comment

Adonis would easily beat Kovalev

Comment

Working...
                    X