Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol: Barrera is a Tough Test For Me, 90% That He Beats Valera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bivol: Barrera is a Tough Test For Me, 90% That He Beats Valera

The World Boxing Association light heavyweight world champion Dmitry Bivol of Russia says a mandatory fight with Sullivan Barrera of Cuba is an excellent opportunity to test his worth. On November 25 at the Theater in New York's Madison Square Garden, Barrera will face Dominican contender Felix Valera on the undercard of the light heavyweight world title clash between Russia's Sergey Kovalev and Ukrainian Vyacheslav Shabranskyy.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I rate Bivol higher than Betterbeef from what i have seen. Could be THE man in the future.

Comment

Barrera sucks... hence, why Ward fought him as a tune up... Barrera is going to lose this fight...

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        Barrera sucks... hence, why Ward fought him as a tune up... Barrera is going to lose this fight...
        Lose which fight? With Bivol or Valera?

Comment

... Bivol is too green...
          ... I don't even understand the manner in which he became WBA champion (typical WBA mess)...

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Lose which fight? With Bivol or Valera?
            Valera, I don't pick winners in fights that aren't signed - that's for the Online cack-riders.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... Bivol is too green...
              ... I don't even understand the manner in which he became WBA champion (typical WBA mess)...
              It's not the WBA's fault for once. Ward (super champion) retired and jack (regular champion) dropped the belt so bivol as interim was elevated to regular champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                It's not the WBA's fault for once. Ward (super champion) retired and jack (regular champion) dropped the belt so bivol as interim was elevated to regular champion.
                ... I see...

... "Jack was set to enter a purse bid with Bivol per the WBA agreement on September 25th, but this was cancelled when Jack instead vacated the title on September 23rd."

Jack actually ducked Bivol, right?...

Comment

This will be a real fun division in 2018. It may not be quite as deep as we think it is, but it sure looks great on paper.

Bivol against Barrera? Sure, as good as a step up as the truly untested but looks great so far Bivol can take. Let's see if Barrera gets past a game Valera first. I think Barrera wins, but I am not going to fall off my chair if Valera gets the mild upset.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... I see...

... "Jack was set to enter a purse bid with Bivol per the WBA agreement on September 25th, but this was cancelled when Jack instead vacated the title on September 23rd."

Jack actually ducked Bivol, right?...
                    Well he was after the Stevenson fight so I kind of understand. But Stevenson was mandated to fight Alvarez, Bivol would've been a good opponent in the interim but he's high risk and low reward. So yeah you could say he ducked him but I bet his reasons

Comment

Working...
                    X