Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stephen Smith: Beating Francisco Vargas Should Get Me Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stephen Smith: Beating Francisco Vargas Should Get Me Title Shot

STEPHEN SMITH is ecstatic to be creating a bit of boxing history next month. The former two-time super-featherweight world title challenger, 32, will return to the ring on December 9. You could be forgiven for thinking that Swifty' (25-3, 15 KOs) may return on an undercard somewhere after being out since his June win over Karoly Gallovich.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Smith has losses the times he's stepped up. But in the last 2 i thought he was game. He's a decent enough fighter and can usually put in good effort when he bites down on his gum shield.

Vargas though, well that's a real tough fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      STEPHEN SMITH is ecstatic to be creating a bit of boxing history next month. The former two-time super-featherweight world title challenger, 32, will return to the ring on December 9. You could be forgiven for thinking that Swifty' (25-3, 15 KOs) may return on an undercard somewhere after being out since his June win over Karoly Gallovich.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      This is a bloody good match Vargas, might well be shot, we can find out at least he is not fighting a banger, smith is cute, can punch at british level

Comment

Smith is right about Vargas face, his damaged skin. He'll get stopped on cuts vs higher level competition. It would be a good win for Smith, but the next level won't have such a handicap. Get past Vargas and it's still uphill from there.

Comment

Eh... I'd take Vargas to win

Comment

I went over to boxrec and looked up who was promoting this card and got a series of names : Fernando Beltran (Promociones Zanfer), Oscar De La Hoya (Golden Boy Promotions), Tom Loeffler (K2 Promotions), Eddie Hearn (Matchroom Boxing) -- I like to know because if its a Eddie Hearn show I wont be putting money on Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              I went over to boxrec and looked up who was promoting this card and got a series of names : Fernando Beltran (Promociones Zanfer), Oscar De La Hoya (Golden Boy Promotions), Tom Loeffler (K2 Promotions), Eddie Hearn (Matchroom Boxing) -- I like to know because if its a Eddie Hearn show I wont be putting money on Vargas.
              I wouldn't think it would be in Vegas either. Vargas vs Smith would probably sell better in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                I wouldn't think it would be in Vegas either. Vargas vs Smith would probably sell better in the UK.
                Good point. The mainevent is nothing special either ( Tevin Farmer vs. Kenichi Ogawa ) despite it being for the vacant IBF Jr. Lightweight title...really weird whats been going on lately with all these no names getting belts, like Bivol, Beterbiev, and now Farmer or Ogawa, in addition Terry Flanagan vacated his IBF lightweight title -- incidentally Crawford left all the belts behind at 140...hmm.

Comment

Working...
                X