Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Artur Beterbiev Stops Koelling, Captures IBF World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Artur Beterbiev Stops Koelling, Captures IBF World Title

Beterbiev vs. Koelling Fight Photos Gallery - Russian boxer Artur Beterbiev claimed his first world title belt on Saturday with a 12th round knockout of Enrico Koelling in a battle for the vacant IBF light heavyweight crown. Photos by Mikey Williams/Top Rank. The undefeated Beterbiev recorded his 12th straight knockout but he had to go past seven rounds for the first time in his career to get the 175-pound belt.
    [Click Here To Read More]

until he faces oleksandr gvozdyk,sergey kovalev,Dmitry bivol,Sullivan barrera and Marcus Browne he is just another guy that picked up ward's belt..same goes to the other guys..they all need to face other.. you can say Adonis is the top guy at 175 but he's been cherry picking since he won the wbc title..a new king is far from being crowned in the 175 division.. that is. until they get it on..wbss style!

Comment

He destroyed Kovalev 2 times in the Amateurs ... it was a joke for him. As for Stevenson .. its all WBC s'fault ... they are on their knews for him .. nobody knows why ...

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
        until he faces oleksandr gvozdyk,sergey kovalev,Dmitry bivol,Sullivan barrera and Marcus Browne he is just another guy that picked up ward's belt..same goes to the other guys..they all need to face other.. you can say Adonis is the top guy at 175 but he's been cherry picking since he won the wbc title..a new king is far from being crowned in the 175 division.. that is. until they get it on..wbss style!
        I don't see these "ex-Soviet school" guys wishing to fight each other... i.e. Kovalev(WBO champ -- very likely), Beterbiev (IBF champ) , Gvozdyk, Bivol (regular WBA champ)... They would rather look to chase Stevenson, Barrera, Badou Jack...

Originally posted by Troce View Post
        He destroyed Kovalev 2 times in the Amateurs ... it was a joke for him. As for Stevenson .. its all WBC s'fault ... they are on their knews for him .. nobody knows why ...
        ... he didn't... and Kovalev "offered" him a fight in Russia (not long ago)...

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
          lol adonis has been cherry picking lol
          offering joe smith bhop pascal and kov fights is cherry picking...lol wtf are you to do when they turn you down

i can say this..at least adonis ko's his "undermatched" opposition in 4 rounds or less..meanwhile beterbiev goes 12 rounds and gvozdy gets dropped by a guy stevenson nearly killed...

there is a lineal champ at 175 and his name is adonis...u fight him or u never become lineal..PERIOD

Comment

A 12-round sparring session ending with a dubious KO. I wonder if we will see the best of Beterbiev again.

Comment

Barrera will be a good test for Beterbiev

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                lol adonis has been cherry picking lol
                offering joe smith bhop pascal and kov fights is cherry picking...lol wtf are you to do when they turn you down

i can say this..at least adonis ko's his "undermatched" opposition in 4 rounds or less..meanwhile beterbiev goes 12 rounds and gvozdy gets dropped by a guy stevenson nearly killed...

there is a lineal champ at 175 and his name is adonis...u fight him or u never become lineal..PERIOD
                make more reasonable offers? pretty dubious when everyone turns you down. dont think stevenson wanted to share in the pot so he took those easy fights over and over to get most of it. his title run started out solid but his popularity got smaller and smaller, and the overall pot got smaller and smaller. his title reign isnt as bad as wilders but its approaching it. his last 5 opponents have been shockingly bad and for 2 years alvarez has been his mandatory but hes not been able to fight him and we know alvarez wants the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Troce View Post
                  THE WBC IS ON THEIR KNEES? lol

last i checked they put pascal and kov as the mando to stevenson...how the hell is that proof of the wbc being on their knees for adonis?btw both guys got offers and turned it down

Comment

Artur vs Stevenson make it happen!! I really wanted to see Ward vs Stevenson but Andre retired smh Which sucks!! I still wouldn't mind seeing Kovalev vs Stevenson even though that may never happen either!!

Comment

Working...
                    X