No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev: Restart the Engine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev: Restart the Engine

Two year ago, Russian power puncher Artur Beterbiev appeared to be the most interesting rising, with a bullet, star in the light heavyweight division. Early knockout wins over former titlist Tavoris Cloud and Gabriel Campillo in less than ten fights was a hell of a start. Combine those names with a strong amateur pedigree that included two Olympic appearances and a World amateur championship; it was easy to see why hopes got high in a hurry.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just over one year ago Sergey Kovalev seemed to have the world in his hands, and now he's fighting to put the pieces together after the two Ward fights.

At 32 and with lack of activity and exposure, Beterbiev will need a minor miracle to become a real star.

Comment

2018 hopefully brings good things to the light heavyweight division. So far we have possible Bivol-Barrera and Stevenson-Jack fights.

Comment

Yet people blamed Al Haymon. I think Beterbiev is the best LHW and I hope he gets a chance to prove it soon.

Comment

I think Ward knew he would get knocked out in this division and retired. Beterbiev will win a vacant belt. The belt Ward threw in the garbage when he ran away from the sport of boxing. The heat in the 175 lb kitchen was too hot for Andre Ward. This is the most dangerous division in boxing. There are killers in this division. Its even more dangerous than HW because there are multiple guys that can end your career. Even Kovalev ended Ward's career. He ended Wards career in the fight he quit in. Kovalev fights on. Ward becomes just a casualty of war who can no longer compete at the highest levels. Terence Crawford was gonna take his p4p status anyways, showing he could become undisputed. Ward couldn't accomplish that. He knew it. So he retired. Kovalev could find redemption with a Beterbiev clash.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
            I think Ward knew he would get knocked out in this division and retired. Beterbiev will win a vacant belt. The belt Ward threw in the garbage when he ran away from the sport of boxing. The heat in the 175 lb kitchen was too hot for Andre Ward. This is the most dangerous division in boxing. There are killers in this division. Its even more dangerous than HW because there are multiple guys that can end your career. Even Kovalev ended Ward's career. He ended Wards career in the fight he quit in. Kovalev fights on. Ward becomes just a casualty of war who can no longer compete at the highest levels. Terence Crawford was gonna take his p4p status anyways, showing he could become undisputed. Ward couldn't accomplish that. He knew it. So he retired. Kovalev could find redemption with a Beterbiev clash.
            You don't have to like the man, but give him credit. He won Olympic gold, cleaned out 168, moved up and fought Kovalev twice. The Kovalev conversation went from "most feared" to "lazy, stubborn, and difficult to work with," because of Ward.
            I'm not Ward, so I can't speak to what he thinks, but he doesn't appear to be a guy who's afraid.

Comment

i completely agree

Comment

Originally posted by Halama86 View Post
                You don't have to like the man, but give him credit. He won Olympic gold, cleaned out 168, moved up and fought Kovalev twice. The Kovalev conversation went from "most feared" to "lazy, stubborn, and difficult to work with," because of Ward.
                I'm not Ward, so I can't speak to what he thinks, but he doesn't appear to be a guy who's afraid.
                A man who’s not afraid doesn’t have to constantly repeat it like ward, he’s a coward that’s why he retired instead of defending the belts he stole.

Comment

Originally posted by Halama86 View Post
                  He quit at the end of the day and thats fine

Comment

shame that ward decided to retire cause that would be the fight i would have wanted to see and in my opinion beterbiev would have done a number on him, hes that good.

Comment

Working...
                    X