Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ponomarev's Team on Withdrawal: No Fight Without Abel Sanchez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ponomarev's Team on Withdrawal: No Fight Without Abel Sanchez

It could have been a potential fight of the year at least in one certain Mexican state but now it's just a tune-up for IBF #3 and WBO #11 welterweight Carlos Ocampo (21-0, 12 KOs) of Mexico, who was originally slated to fight undefeated Russian contender Konstantin Ponomarev (32-0, 13 KOs) in what was ordered to be an IBF final eliminator.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sucks for him. Makes sense though.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/hasim-rah...fiasco--121727

This guy is a joke,he waited til last minute to back out,what a pûssy. Your trainer can't fight for you, there's tons of fighters who fought without their trainer & didn't bîtch out like he did. No different than that chump in the article above & he was banned for life.
      Last edited by kushking; 11-10-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

lol sure. Top rank is saving him for Crawford or horn. Guy has ducked 3 title eliminators

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
          lol sure. Top rank is saving him for Crawford or horn. Guy has ducked 3 title eliminators
          Yep. The only time I ever see his name pop up is when he's passing on an eliminator.

Comment

wise decision by ponomarev's people..

Comment

Ok, for anyone naive enough to believe the fairy tale excuses these fighters and their teams provide the media for backing out of fights let me break it down/translate this for you.

He skipped out on two eliminators prior to this, the first one I guess his team felt he was too green. The second one was where he was to face Spence for the mandatory position to get a crack at Kell Brook. They wanted no parts of Errol Spence and probably Brook as well. The title was then taken from Brook by Errol Spence, and he has now withdrawn from another eliminator that would lead him to Errol Spence.

Tl;dr - They're ducking.

Comment

Working...
              X