Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev on Andre Ward's Retirement, Title Shot, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev on Andre Ward's Retirement, Title Shot, More

Artur Beterbiev challenges for his first World Title against Enrico Koelling on November 11th, hoping to take over the wide-open Light-Heavyweight division. The Russian bruiser holds a perfect record and a 100% knockout ratio, something he will no doubt want to continue against Koelling. Speaking on Last Call Radio, Beterbiev spoke about what his German opponent brings to the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Would have liked to see this as Andre's last fight but honestly, it would have been way too soon for Beterbeiv.

Comment

Kovalev, Beterbiev and now Bivol. Some really interesting fights to be made at light-heavy. Beterbiev is still the most raw but looks to carry the most power. I dont think he would have been ready for Ward at this stage of his career.

Comment

despite his age beterbiev has a lot of potential..I'd like to see him with oleksandr gvozdyk..he shares the same promoter with Stevenson albeit a contract dispute.. hope he gets away and leave Yvon Michel..because all that dude will offer him is lower ranked opponents like he did with Stevenson.. but this dude has equal power in both hands..very scary..looking forward to Saturday to see him handle business

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Would have liked to see this as Andre's last fight but honestly, it would have been way too soon for Beterbeiv.
          Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
          Kovalev, Beterbiev and now Bivol. Some really interesting fights to be made at light-heavy. Beterbiev is still the most raw but looks to carry the most power. I dont think he would have been ready for Ward at this stage of his career.
          Cut the bullshit!

Ward retired because he knew he couldn't beat the likes of Beterbiev without the same kind of corrupt officiating he got against Kovalev and that's not a trick you can play forever.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Cut the bullshit!

Ward retired because he knew he couldn't beat the likes of Beterbiev without the same kind of corrupt officiating he got against Kovalev and that's not a trick you can play forever.
            dont get excited, i'm a Beterbiev fan but even I can see he is still very raw lets see how he does in his next fight.

Comment

I think Ward would probably have had too much for Beterbiev at this stage. Beterbiev is a beast though and the Light heavyweight division has some potential fireworks.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                dont get excited, i'm a Beterbiev fan but even I can see he is still very raw lets see how he does in his next fight.
                Same. I'm super excited about Beterbeiv, he's my current fave at LHW. But, it's delusional and dishonest to act like Ward retired over this guy. It would have been too early to fight a crafty vet like Ward and I hate seeing promising careers stifled by going too far too soon.

Eager to see how things play out for him. He's a talented and powerful individual.

Comment

Beterbiev knocks stevenson out

Comment

Hes not raw, no one can handle his punches, he has power in both fists, a sharp jab. and not many know that but he as good fighting in orthodox and south paw and has great stamina. Agaist stronger hitter wouldnt be suprised if he switched south paw and did a GGG-lemieux fight: instead of charging, moving backward
                    Last edited by iNixus; 11-07-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X