Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Stiverne Lands "Zero" Punches in Wilder Rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Stiverne Lands "Zero" Punches in Wilder Rematch!

In a very rare occurrence, a fighter landed zero punches in a single round. Bermane Stiverne only threw four punches and none of them landed in his rematch with WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder at the Barclays Ceneter in Brooklyn, New York. In their first fight, Stiverne was the only man to take Wilder the full distance in January 2015. Wilder on the other hand, threw 39 punches and landed at 38% - including 60% of his power shots.
    [Click Here To Read More]

it was obvious from the get-go that it was a mismatch..stiverne sealed the deal by coming in looking like a fat slob for a heavyweight championship fight..hope dude is okay and congrats to deontay not just for winning but staying composed after the Ortiz fiasco

Comment

Deontay did what he needed to and looked good doing it, but stiverne that was absolutely terrible. The dude couldn't even be bothered to train and get himself physically prepared.

Comment

I'm really surprised by this news because he was clearly in perfect fighting condition. As for wilder, it was the best performance by any heavyweight ever.

Comment

I wanted to laugh at that stat but then I saw his picture on the ropes and thought maybe not.

Comment

Man, can't even say Stiverne just showed up for the payday because if that was the case he would have just taken the step aside money deal (which would have been more money than he made today by the way) and not force this pointless rematch. Wilder unleashed hell on him and he had no answers.

Comment

That ended his career and pretty much ended the AJ fight. No way he gets in the ring with Wilder now.

Comment

Wilder beats up an heavy bag and his fans go crazy.

Comment

and people wonder why boxings dying in america when they get served up slop like this.

Comment

Where the hell was all the fire that Stivrene exhibited in the press conference? "I am going to kill you"- reminded of Charles Martin's "I walk this earth like a god" and then getting annihilated quick. Shame on Stiverne for not even trying. I guess he was overhydrated.

Comment

Working...
                    X