Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Acelino Freitas Set To Return, Faces Martinez in November

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Acelino Freitas Set To Return, Faces Martinez in November

Former four-time world champion and Brazilian idol, Acelino "Popo" Freitas, is coming back for what he promises to be his last fight. At 42 years old, Freitas (40-2, 34 KO's) was not supposed to return after his last fight on August 2015, when he knocked out Argentinean Mateo Veron in only three rounds. But Freitas, like many other boxers through history, had a problem with retirement, specially in keeping it that way. On November 11th, the hard-hitter from Salvador, Bahia, will be fighting on Belem, Para, against Mexican Gabriel "El Rey" Martinez (29-10-1, 16 KO's), a fight that he's been, once again, affirming will be his last one.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Popo, say it ain't so!

Comment

who cares anymore

Comment

he can be on foreman vs the movie star undercard.with benn v Collins 3as co-main

Comment

42 and unretiring? Not the smartest move.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
            42 and unretiring? Not the smartest move.
            yea this goes nowhere

Comment

They just don't want to end their existence with a normally functioning brain.

Comment

as soon as i read his name i just remember the beating corrales gave him....hopefully he does good in his return

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                  as soon as i read his name i just remember the beating corrales gave him....hopefully he does good in his return
                  wow I thought same thing remember watching that fight and he was winning early rounds but was using so much energy I remember thinkin even after he won those rounds he has no chance to make 12

Comment

This dude quit boxing and quit mid fight multiple times while he was still in his prime but decides to make a return at 42 yrs old? Hope he gets whooped.

Comment

Working...
                    X