Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Believes Burnett vs. Zhakiyanov is 50-50 Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Believes Burnett vs. Zhakiyanov is 50-50 Fight

Ricky Hatton takes WBA Super World bantamweight titlist Zhanat Zhakiyanov (27-1, 18 KOs) into a unification showdown with IBF World holder Ryan Burnett (17-0, 9 early) at Belfast's SSE Arena later today and "The Hitman" believes that his man is the more battle hardened of the two, which he feels could give him the edge on the night despite Burnett enjoying home advantage.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Zhak has a slight edge due to exposure & experience.

Comment

Quite an interesting match.

That is the best thing about these lower weights. In that the match-ups can be made quicker. Of course, there is two sides to that coin, with the other being that these matches get made quicker because the money isn't good and they are only well compensated for big fights.

Compare this to the heavyweights and AJ. Even negotiations with Joseph Parker would be ruinously protracted for Matchroom, never mind Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Quite an interesting match.

That is the best thing about these lower weights. In that the match-ups can be made quicker. Of course, there is two sides to that coin, with the other being that these matches get made quicker because the money isn't good and they are only well compensated for big fights.

Compare this to the heavyweights and AJ. Even negotiations with Joseph Parker would be ruinously protracted for Matchroom, never mind Wilder.
        In general you're spot on but I believe this fight was made so soon because Burnett's IBF mandatory is potentially even tougher than ZZ, and obviously the only way to put off a mando is with a unification. If he wins this fight and immediately takes on Manny Rodriguez afterwards I'll eat my words, but I won't be surprised if he drops the IBF and chooses to just defend the WBA against British rivals like Butler and McDonnell

Comment

I don't see Burnett droppin' any belts, we'll see though. I'll be there tonight, tough fight, Zhakiyanov is relentless, but Burnett is sharp as a razor - Skills pay the bills!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterDeclanCor View Post
            I don't see Burnett droppin' any belts, we'll see though. I'll be there tonight, tough fight, Zhakiyanov is relentless, but Burnett is sharp as a razor - Skills pay the bills!
            I'm just trying to put myself in Eddie Hearn's shoes and interpret this unusually tough first defence, I don't mean to imply that Burnett is a coward or anything. He looks like one of the best Irish or British boxers around right now

Comment

Yeah I get you Wouldn't put anything past Fast Eddie, I haven't seen anything of Manny Rodrigez, must give him a watch here... this is a very tough fight for Burnett stylewise tonight. It's easy to say he's gotta stay on the outside and box, I watched ZZ's last fight and he's a beast, good pressure fighter, cut's off the ring well and he's determined as a mother****er! I think Burnett will show some good movement, turn his man inside out a la Lomachenko (not that I'm implying he's quite at that level skillwise. Who is?!) But yes, turn his man, pepper him with good scoring combinations, that's what I'd like to see anyway. But there's no doubt he'll have to engage at times, maybe alot of the time if ZZ has his way...Whatever happens I think it''ll be a great fight, can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                In general you're spot on but I believe this fight was made so soon because Burnett's IBF mandatory is potentially even tougher than ZZ, and obviously the only way to put off a mando is with a unification. If he wins this fight and immediately takes on Manny Rodriguez afterwards I'll eat my words, but I won't be surprised if he drops the IBF and chooses to just defend the WBA against British rivals like Butler and McDonnell
                Yeah you might be on to something there, Rodrigez looks pretty tidy. Hopefully the Belfast crowd can roar Burnett on to victory tonight

Comment

Working...
                X