Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves: If I Box Like I Did With Cox - Then Eubank Has No Chance!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves: If I Box Like I Did With Cox - Then Eubank Has No Chance!

Last Saturday night in London, WBA super champion George Groves defeated fellow countryman Jamie Cox in the Ali Trophy quarter-final with a fourth-round knockout and paved the way for a British superfight semi-final with IBO world champion Chris Eubank Jr. Groves ended Cox's unbeaten record Saturday night as he delivered a stunning right hook body shot to floor Cox.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Only problem with that is he's not fighting cox. Don't get me wrong eubanks largely unproven but I think its a good time for Chris to exhibit his full arsenal. In order to do that he needs a willing opponent and a focus on body punching against groves instead of triple uppercuts he's prone to the counter attack especially against groves throwing in 3's or 4's I believe throwing in two's and moving right away from groves right is key in this fight. I'm predicting a groves corner stoppage between the 9th to 12th round to save groves face possibly even an injury stoppage. Best of luck to both men great fighters in there own rights

Comment

Both fighters have look good against lesser competition recently. But when Groves stepped up he was very competitive with Froch and Jack - Eubanks failed against BJS but is a much improved fighter. I like both but I think Groves has leaky defence frailties and I'd think during 12 rounds Eubank should be able to find them.

Comment

groves did seem to be losing steam before the knockdown

he cant afford to do that against jnr

good style match up .. cant wait for that one

Comment

Groves seemed to think he boxed well but people think groves was gassing.? Boxing fans must have very acute senses an d highly evolved.

Eubank thinks he can beat groves that's main thing. So did cox!

Comment

Groves keeps saying this. Eubank will not go out as easily as Cox did, he's at least a level or Two up from that and probably naturally bigger (than Cox not GG) as well, although I think he could still make MW.

My prediction is a late stoppage or close points win for Eubank - his coming out fight. Looking forward to it

Comment

Groves has reach, accuracy and great range.

He is also bigger and stronger than Eubank AND has much better ring craft and movement.

But, but, but...Eubank beat a kebab salesman.

NSB logic in full effect.

Comment

Eubank looks good when he throws his furry’s, he’s very fast, but his defense is looks like it could be leaky at the world class level and groves has been in against much better competition and he’s becoming a very good body puncher even before his last fight, but I think the overhand right upstairs will be Eubanks undoing.. I’m gonna go with a groves mid to late round stoppage.. groves too big, too strong, too much power and experience.. does the IBO belt even count as a unifacation if another champion wins it?
                Last edited by Brooklyn926; 10-17-2017, 05:32 AM.

Comment

I will go for groves. He's lost and got better as well.
                  It will be close though. Eubank will lose like he did against bjs.
                  I think groves is better than the bjs who fought eubank. But I'm sure bjs has improved since as well.
                  Not only eubank who's improved

Comment

Eubank easily beats him I honestly don't know why people on here act like he can't box he beat Saunders and the U.K. Judges were channeling their inner vegas.

Comment

Working...
                    X