Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Morales, Klitschko, Hatton, Winky: One Hall of a Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Morales, Klitschko, Hatton, Winky: One Hall of a Problem

By Tris Dixon - THE electors at the International Boxing Hall of Fame are this month faced with the type of headache they have not become accustomed to of late. In recent years the ballot has contained occasional standouts but the depth has not been outstanding. It has allowed the process to play catch up, with some boxers who have been on the ballot's peripheries getting in after waiting for years...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Vitali Klitschko
    Ivan Calderon
    Winky Wright
    Erik Morales
    Ricky Hatton

Two won't make the hall of fame off the first ballot....

Who are they??
    Last edited by BluDivision; 10-16-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

''Poor Calderon would not get a look in if the ‘man on the street’ had a say. Fortunately he will have a chance, even if it is an outside one.

The petit Puerto Rican southpaw Calderon lost three of the last four of 39 career fights but by then had been a dominant two-weight world champion, just at lower weight classes – which do not get afforded the same level of kudos or nostalgia as the larger divisions.

Not Calderon’s fault, but that will not help him.''

I get the feeling this writer is a casual : ok so out of the three losses Calderon had at the end of his career two of those came in a unification for the LINEAL championship @ 108 vs. Giovani Segura ( the last two men to earned that honor) and was for the 'Super-WBA' title which is the only time anyone ever held that in the division!!!
      Last edited by 1hourRun; 10-16-2017, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BluDivision View Post
        Vitali Klitschko
        Ivan Calderon
        Winky Wright
        Erik Morales
        Ricky Hatton

Two won't make the hall of fame off the first ballot....

Who are they??
        well morales and vitali are a sure thing.

now we have to play the BS with the others

in order from most likely to not so likely

Hatton,
        WRight
        Calderon

Comment

It'll be Klitschko, Morales and Hatton.

Comment

it's a pickl'em all but I would favor Wright ovet Hatton...I remember Ricky more 4 his losses...

Comment

Morales has to be a first ballot hall of a famer.

Comment

For me:

-Sure-fire, first-ballot - Morales

-Not definitively first-ballot, but should get in if there's room first or second year - Vitali for his dominance and the manner in which he beat guys up, not necessarily available opposition

-Likely deserves, but in time (couple years) - Calderon because of his ability and dominance before downfall with Segura and Wright because he was undisputed, beat a decent Mosley, embarrassed a less than prime Trinidad, was close vs Taylor, and was at one point "the man" at 154.

-Questionable - Hatton because he has one "great" win, but two big losses despite his overseas reign
                Last edited by TyrantT316; 10-16-2017, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Hatton ? For beating who ? MILES past prime Tszyu or lil Paulie ? WTF Are you dumb ass mofos talking about like WTF. i would even put Ottke ahead. seems like yall forgot your medicine

Comment

Morales is the only sure thing if you ask me. Klitschko didn't beat anyone any of us will remember. Hatton's losses outweigh his win. Winky Wright has 2 huge victories over Mosely and one over Trinidad so he would be the next best choice for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X