Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ramirez: I Want DeMarco Rematch, Stoppage Was Way Too Early

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ramirez: I Want DeMarco Rematch, Stoppage Was Way Too Early

StubHub Center, Carson, California - The opening bout of the Showtime telecast saw an action-packed opening round that ended in controversy as former world champion Antonio DeMarco (33-6-1, 24 KOs)score a first round stoppage of previously unbeaten Eddie Ramirez (17-1, 11 KOs) in their super lightweight affair.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was early but by the way things were looking DeMarco was on his way to a TKO regardless. This kid ate a lot of clean shots doubt he would have lasted that much longer anyway.

Comment

what might have happened next is irrelevant. In that moment, it was wrong for the ref to wave off the fight.

It was early stoppage. Fuk that ref for denying a young undefeated fighter a chance to fight through some adversity.

Imagine if all fights were stopped that early. Boxing would be boring as fuk

Comment

Early stoppage for sure.

He was punching back and was moving his head to avoid shots fine. Yes, his legs weren't underneath him, but as McGregor said, "gimme a chance to compose meself, let me clear me 'ead n' see the end of the round."

Comment

America is the new England. Disgusting stoppage after disgusting stoppage. Let the man hit the canvas AT LEAST ONCE.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            what might have happened next is irrelevant. In that moment, it was wrong for the ref to wave off the fight.
            It was early stoppage. Fuk that ref for denying a young undefeated fighter a chance to fight through some adversity.
            Imagine if all fights were stopped that early. Boxing would be boring as fuk
            Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            America is the new England. Disgusting stoppage after disgusting stoppage. Let the man hit the canvas AT LEAST ONCE.
            The kid was done. Wouldn't have made it out of the round. Half a dozen punches more and he may have been permanently tipping his hat to telephone poles. Yes, a little early, maybe 1 or 2 solid punches more, but let him fight another day. A rematch will likely happen anyway. No worries, not the end of the world.

Comment

Working...
            X