Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ronnie Shields: Lara should be undefeated, ranked in P4P top 10!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ronnie Shields: Lara should be undefeated, ranked in P4P top 10!

World junior middleweight titleholder Erislandy Lara (24-2-2, 14 KOs) defends his belt against Terrell Gausha (20-0, 9 KOs) at the Barclay's Center in a Showtime-televised card that will feature two other 154-pound title fights. On paper, Lara was defeated by Saul "Canelo" Alvarez via split decision in 2014 and by Paul Williams via majority decision in 2011. But in actuality, Lara should be undefeated, according to trainer Ronnie Shields, since those losses were nothing short of daylight robberies.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Daylight robberys ?????.like the one lara got against molina

Comment

he lost to williams clearly

EDIT: typed the wrong name, i meant to say molina.
      Last edited by danktrees; 10-14-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danktrees View Post
        A joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by danktrees View Post

What fight were you watching???
          That was such a robbery those judges got banned for life.

Comment

i meant molina, typed the wrong name. he beat williams clearly.

Comment

Lara could be undefeated, not should be. He clearly beat P. Will. No question about it. Canelo? I thought Lara edged it out, but it's not worth arguing about. Landy should've worked harder. He didn't. A lot of people continue to bring up Molina. I thought it was a very close fight, and that a draw was a fair decision. Carlos didn't get robbed, as many claim. May as well say Lara got robbed versus Canelo. It's boxing. Close fights can easily go either way. Hell, judges don't get clear decisions right half the time.

Comment

Well Ronnie, when you keep telling your fighters not to change their styles then your gonna always get the short end of the stick.
                When you have no personality, no good looks, you don't speak English, and your a boring ass fighter who can't sell any tixs and isnt a huge draw then your never gonna get to the next level in Boxing.
                A part of boxing is being able to sell tixs and draw huge ratings for TV networks and when your not able to do that and you have none of the above attributes I just mentioned then your always gonna be an average fighter who isn't gonna make it big in boxing or earn the big money.
                Sometimes you just gotta take risks and go for broke but when a trainer tells his fighter to not change his style of fighting then he's gotta take some of the blame too.

Comment

Very true... He got robbed against Williams, Polly the worst robbery I've seen ever... He beat canelo by 2 or 3 points, but since ginger is the bigger name he got the gift decision,

Comment

He beat Williams, when Williams was the southpaw "boogeyman." I had him (at a minimum) even with Canelo. He's definitely a Top #10 talent, but he hasn't had Top #10 fights...CONSISTENTLY! Part of that is his own doing! He needs a KO tonight. Lara is 34. Father time is undefeated!

Comment

Working...
                    X