Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo: I Want To Unify at 154, Cotto vs. Ali Fight is BS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo: I Want To Unify at 154, Cotto vs. Ali Fight is BS!

New York - Jermell Charlo looks to continue his run of victories at the 154 pound division this weekend when he takes on highly regarded prospect Erickson Lubin (29-0, 14 KO's). Although Lubin is a slight underdog, he is untested. Charlo feels tested or not, he will do his business come Saturday night inside Brooklyn's Barclays Center. "You just train and you fight," Charlo told BoxingScene.com. "The bull**** that comes with it I don't care about. I have nothing to do with him not having enough fights. I have 29 fights and fought some great fighters that could have been world champions."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol, this ****ing clown again!
    I'm tired of both these Charlos running their coccsuckers all the time! Saying he don't run his mouth... B itch, that's all you ever do!
    When Cotto was 27 years old he was already fighting future hall of famers in Shane Moseley.
    This ****ing punk ass Charlo has Lara in his division but won't fight him. He needs to let his nutts hang and step up and fight him.
    You punk ass coward Charlo!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      I'm tired of both these Charlos running their coccsuckers all the time! Saying he don't run his mouth... B itch, that's all you ever do!
      When Cotto was 27 years old he was already fighting future hall of famers in Shane Moseley.
      This ****ing punk ass Charlo has Lara in his division but won't fight him. He needs to let his nutts hang and step up and fight him.
      Scared triggered little mexican ALWAYS in hate mode.

Comment

I'm not a fan of cotto fighting Ali, but dude has earned the right to go out however he wants. Based on who he fought and more importantly, when he fought them, he has one of the best lists of opponents faced of anyone in boxing in the past 20 yrs.

Comment

Blah, Blah blah.. I want to unify, I am the best; I have always dreamed of becoming undisputed champion; that is my goal AND..

You are full of ****. Take the unification fights then. Fighter's (some of them) should be banned from press releases unless they actually follow through with their bluster.

Case in point: Adonis Stevenson should be either stripped or put on notice for taking the softest road possible.

Don't insult our intelligence by proclaiming to unify if you don't. Charlatans and Snake oil salesmen.

their needs to be accountability for fighters who simply catch an alphabelt then sit on it and fight bums until retirement. It's killing our sport.

Charlo put up or shut up you over-rated troglodyte.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
            Blah, Blah blah.. I want to unify, I am the best; I have always dreamed of becoming undisputed champion; that is my goal AND..

You are full of ****. Take the unification fights then. Fighter's (some of them) should be banned from press releases unless they actually follow through with their bluster.

Case in point: Adonis Stevenson should be either stripped or put on notice for taking the softest road possible.

Don't insult our intelligence by proclaiming to unify if you don't. Charlatans and Snake oil salesmen.

their needs to be accountability for fighters who simply catch an alphabelt then sit on it and fight bums until retirement. It's killing our sport.

Why is this guy so triggered?

Comment

Wanna unify? Fine, than you know what to do next: fight Hurd, Lara and the guy that will pick vacated WBO title when Cotto retires.

Comment

The Charlos have done nothing but back up all of their talking with solid work. I don't think there's a fight out there that either brother wouldn't take. They both have taken fights where they weren't favorites and won convincingly.

He even said he'd fight Lara yesterday, despite the trainer situation (Which is why he switched trainers). Things go well tonight and he'll probably be the unified champ at 154 within a year b/c I don't see any of these guys beating him. Lubin might have the best chance from and skill standpoint and he fighting him tonight. What more can he do?

Why you're so mad? Idk. Maybe the Cotto mention. He was keeping it honest though. That is a **** fight. And Charlo would probably TKO Cotto at this point anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                  Wanna unify? Fine, than you know what to do next: fight Hurd, Lara and the guy that will pick vacated WBO title when Cotto retires.
                  He asked for Hurd immediately following Hatley. This card was made to showcase 154, with an eye towards unification on the next card depending on the winners. Espinoza said it yesterday.

Charlo will be unified at 154 within a year if he beats Lubin. Who I think is the tougher fight out of those ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post

The Charlos haven't avoided any fights and both have asked for the unification fights. This Charlo asked for Hurd before his last opponent even hit the canvas lol

Espinoza stated this card was made to showcase 154 (similar to what HBO just did) with the intention to have a unification card next time. If Charlo wins, he gets Hurd next. How Lara fits in after, idk. I'm guessing he moves up because he won't take that fight imo.

Both brothers are moving things along nicely imo. They weren't given opportunities early in their careers like some star fighters. They've earned theirs. Which is why I think they have chips on their shoulders.

Charlo wins tonight, he'll be unified champ at 154 within a year. Maybe with 3/4 belts.

Comment

Working...
                    X