Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Admits He Changed After Tragic Fight With Gutknecht

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves Admits He Changed After Tragic Fight With Gutknecht

George Groves returns to the scene of his tragic fight with Eduard Gutknecht acknowledging that that night has changed him as a fighter.
    He makes the first defence of his WBA super-middleweight title against Jamie Cox at Wembley Arena in his first fight of the 12-stone edition of the World Boxing Super Series. Victory will secure a semi-final against Chris Eubank Jnr in early 2018, but even if Groves can be expected to fight with greater confidence having finally won a world title, he could yet be coping with further mental baggage.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You can tell in his personality as well, hes lost that arrogance he had against Froch and James Degale
    A lot more likeable now, hope he does well against Cox so we can get the mega fight between Eubank and Groves.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
      You can tell in his personality as well, hes lost that arrogance he had against Froch and James Degale
      A lot more likeable now, hope he does well against Cox so we can get the mega fight between Eubank and Groves.
      Against DeGale ?Chunky came across as terrible in that build up. And tbh Groves didn't show Froch arrogance, he just said it how it would be "jab, jab, right hand" absolutely legendary that was lol

Anyway, in terms of this, I think Groves should learn to not fight journeymen. I remember posting before the fight that making bouts of this nature were dangerous. I did not watch the fight. My worst fears came true.

Comment

A broken man.. Eubank stops him

Comment

Groves comes across as intelligent, thoughtful and even displays insight. I hope that means he can adjust well in the ring when he needs to .

Comment

Groves is skilled and maybe only he's chin is a weakness, but the Yildrim fight has gone to peoples heads when it comes to Eubank. I've got a feeling he'll always come up short against good boxers like Saunders, and I think Groves is a little bit better than Billy Joe all around.

Comment

Regardless of how groves feels, the one thing you can be certain of is that the Eubank's give absolutely no ****s whatsoever about what happened to Nick Blackwell.

Boxing is a hard and brutal sport, but there is plenty of space for compassion and reflection as well.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                Regardless of how groves feels, the one thing you can be certain of is that the Eubank's give absolutely no ****s whatsoever about what happened to Nick Blackwell.

Boxing is a hard and brutal sport, but there is plenty of space for compassion and reflection as well.
                I was there at the Blackwell fight

Ive never heard so much abuse being directed at the ring

full to brim with shed robbing tarmac'ers were egging eubank on

even after the fight Blackwell was acting like a idiot

Cant blame eubank for not caring about him

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                  I disagree. Looks like he's trying to claim it was him that damaged Blackwell aswell. Like it's some badge of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post

Eubank is on record as saying he trains much harder as a result of that fight as he is determined it doesn't happen to him.

Best way to deal with it IMO instead of going easy, becoming mentally distracted and waiting for the ref in future. Become more brutal.

Comment

Working...
                    X