Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is American Boxing Ready For Eddie Hearn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Is American Boxing Ready For Eddie Hearn?

By Martin Rogers - Okay, so Eddie Hearn is ready for American boxing, that much we know. The outspoken and energetic British promoter has made a serious play aimed at parlaying his success across the pond into a niche in the United States, signing middleweight Daniel Jacobs and securing HBO dates as an opening gambit. Expect more fighters, and more shows, to follow. The question now is this: is American boxing ready for Eddie Hearn?...
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't see why not. What could Hearn do that would deter viewers?

Comment

If we can survive Don King, Blob ArScum, rappers promoting fighters and the Suliaman's.....what the hell is this little silver spoon twat going to do to us over here?

Comment

This dumb MF Hearn is coming to America with the belief that Boxing is a major sport here like it is in the UK. He's gonna lose millions in America & will run back to London with his C*ck in his hand.

Comment

He can package up fighters and sell the local angle.

But at the end of the day. Brits like boxing. We always have. Whenever they put it on free-to-air millions will watch it. Even if it Lennox Lewis getting splattered in South Africa at stupid o'clock.

But like that article alludes to Brits also like 'going out'. Which just means getting dressed up in decent clothes and getting drunk. I don't think the US has the same drinking culture. Hearn packages boxing as a night out. Decent fights are welcome but if you can build up a sense of tension, have booze available, and play sweet Caroline, you have an event. One that women don't mind going to either.

I'm not convinced selling that to Americans will be that easy. Although I'm certain Hearn will want only sell Jacobs in New York. He wouldn't advocate cards like that Degale has been on fighting in front of 19 people. That seems an obvious change that could be made

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
            If we can survive Don King, Blob ArScum, rappers promoting fighters and the Suliaman's.....what the hell is this little silver spoon twat going to do to us over here?

You sound English by your expression, Americans are not afraid of success or successful people.

Comment

The question should be is the UK ready for the American dominance that Hearn is about to import? we been supporting these eastern-euros its time the UK cheer for our Americans.

Comment

Well of course we are.....churning the roster of promoters is good.....just like churning the roster of fighters.....well except at jr middleweight...all those critters are holding hands singing Kumbaya

Comment

Is Hearn ready for American boxing is the real question.

I think he'll have some growing pains and have issues, but he'll figure sh^t out within a year I suspect.

Comment

he cant do any worse than haymons done...

Comment

Working...
                    X