Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pavlik on Jermain Taylor: He Can Still Contribute A lot To Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pavlik on Jermain Taylor: He Can Still Contribute A lot To Boxing

Beating Jermain Taylor twice in back to back fights put Kelly Pavlik on the map in the boxing world. Both fighters went their separate ways after the fight and both have had their share of out of the ring incidents. Taylor, 38, a former Olympian, faces three charges, including a felony charge of terrorist threats after a Maumelle police officer wrote in a report obtained by USA TODAY Sports that Taylor "chased (the alleged victim) down the street stating that he would to kill her."
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think it's safe to say neither one of them will contribute anything more to boxing.

Comment

lol pavlik has been drinking again. taylor is beyond finished his brain is so fuked up he's a zombie at this point. crazy how fast things went downhill for both guys.

Comment

Sadly, Taylor has nothing left to offer the sport. I believe he is brain damaged and he is extremely volatile. I can hope he can be helped somehow by proper treatment, but I don't see him playing any role in boxing ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
          lol pavlik has been drinking again. taylor is beyond finished his brain is so fuked up he's a zombie at this point. crazy how fast things went downhill for both guys.
          i think he means by training or something like that but i don't think he can even do that

Comment

All Taylor is gonna contribute to boxing is a bad rep for boxers as crazy people & guys willing to commit violence against random people or loved ones.

I've heard they could have a test for detecting CTE in living people (instead of waiting til an autopsy as they have to do now) in the near future. If that happens that could alter what boxing looks like & who's allowed to box even. I'm sure a CTE test would find a nice amount of damage with Taylor & he'd never be allowed to box again.

Comment

taylor's gotta be incarcerated or otherwise insitutionalized. he's just too crazy and depleted for a normal life, from what i can see.

these guys end up with a lot of money and back at square one in terms of their career in their 30's. can you even imagine that? 38 is not old. most careers are just heating up when you're in your 30's. these guys are on the couch, brain damaged, and doing god knows what.

there's some flat out disturbing video of kelly pavlik rapping with a crew of flunkies. just give syou an idea of how f#cked up his life is now. he's ****faced and surrounded by scrubs and rapping. probably mid day on a wednesday. the guy used to be the lineal middleweight champion of the world and made millions in purse every time he fought. he should still be doing great things. he's f#cking 35 years old! you don't have to win every fight, but pavlik had a chin and power and he could have been serviceable and on HBO or showtime making six or seven figured in a night.

Comment

I trained with Jermain Taylor and Dominic Guinn for about straight. Same gym and coach as Guinn. Jermain was always a humble nice guy and every time you seen him he was listening to country music. That's all he listened to lol

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

there's some flat out disturbing video of kelly pavlik rapping with a crew of flunkies. just give syou an idea of how f#cked up his life is now. he's ****faced and surrounded by scrubs and rapping. probably mid day on a wednesday.
                  Lmaoooo I need to see this

Comment

Ssshhhhh... speak low, or else some organization will rank them at their nos 1 & 2 and order a third fight between the two (which would in any case be better than any fight by Billy Joe Saunders)

Comment

Working...
                    X