Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kelly Pavlik: Today's Middleweights Aren't as Big as in My Era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kelly Pavlik: Today's Middleweights Aren't as Big as in My Era

Former middleweight champion Kelly "The Ghost" Pavlik was in Las Vegas last month for the middleweight mega-fight between Canelo Alvarez and WBC/WBA/IBF/IBO world champion Gennady Golovkin. The fight was very entertaining and ended in a twelve round split draw at the T-Mobile Arena. Pavlik covered the fight for his new boxing podcast, 'The Punchline,' and was very respectful of both fighters but feels that this era of middleweights doesn't stack up with his era.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is the way the division should look. Fighters being closer to their fighting weight in between fights, not walking around at cruiserweight and draining down, then rehydrating 20+ pounds on fight night.

Comment

Pavlik v GGG would have been immense.

Comment

Exact opposite. Today it has Andrade, Charo, Jacobs, Canelo, GGG, Lemieux, Saunders.

Comment

Pavlik; you're drunk as fuck. You can't tell the difference between smaller and farther away!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post
            Pavlik; you're drunk as fuck. You can't tell the difference between smaller and farther away!

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Exact opposite. Today it has Andrade, Charo, Jacobs, Canelo, GGG, Lemieux, Saunders.
              You had me intil Saunders......

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                You had me intil Saunders......
                Well Saunders is a champion......I guess that counts for something..

Comment

Pavlik is right these guys are smaller than his era for sure, its weird how tall and big those middleweights were from the 2000s. "they all eventually moved up in weight.

Today the middleweights are smaller framed guys blown up junior middles, five foot 9 to 10, walking around at 175 tops, back in pavliks day they were close to six foot and over and walked around well over 180s. Arthur abraham was the shortest but he was stocky with bigger bone structure than the guys today

Comment

Stop already with Canella just becoming a mw he gave back mw belt sweated down to jm fight night was 175 your right he was not a mw but a LHW

Comment

Working...
                    X