Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Golovkin Will Be Even More Persistent in Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Golovkin Will Be Even More Persistent in Rematch

As reported earlier today on BoxingScene.com, at the opening session of their 55th annual Convention, the World Boxing Council has ruled for an immediate rematch between WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. In announcing the decision of the Board of Governors, WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman said it's the fight that the world wants to see. The two boxers fought to controversial twelve round split draw at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

hopefully he'll go to the body in the rematch

Comment

Lol....

GGG Aggression < Canelo's Counterpunching

Comment

He needs to be more accurate not more persistent...

Comment

Another suck a** fight with GGG chasing the little chicken Canelita around the ring all night. May as well have it in Vegas again so it can be - Crooked Suck A** Fight II -. Then GGG can chase around another 154 wimp in Charlo.

Comment

Prime GGG always had to chase guys around, so how is this any different? The only difference is, prime GGG never got tired from chasing guys around. Just look at the Martin Murray fight where he wasn't just cutting off the ring, he was side-stepping and using high energy maneuvers after cutting off the ring to set up clean shots. But lately, similar to Manny Pacquiao as he declined, the outline of the footwork he used to have was there, the basics of the footwork he used to have was there, but the "finishing moves," the much more high-energy-output dependent moves to step side-to-side to create cleaner combinations, those were mostly missing vs Canelo.

At least, they seemed to be somewhat to me. I just compare GGG's energy level in the Murray fight vs the Canelo fight, not to mention the better speed and power during the Murray, and I didn't see the same guy. I hope the rematch proves me wrong, but judging solely from the first GGG-Canelo fight, the Jacobs fight, the Brook fight, and the Wade fight, I feel the promoters took the fans for granted again and made this fight 2 years too late. Ages 33 and 25, with GGG 1 year past the end of prime years and GGG 1 year before the start of peak years, would have been a much better, more fair balance of both their prime ages than one at age 27, absolute peak age, and the other at age 35, 3 years past the end of peak years.

Instead of 1-1, which was still significant advantage to Canelo since being 1 year before your prime is better than being 1 year past it, but instead of 1-1, we got essentially negative 3 to 0, where 0 represents being at peak age, and negative numbers represent how far not just past your peak you are, which would be like negative 8 for GGG based on average fighter's peaks, or about negative 5 in his case, but how far past the end of prime years, or your prime years, you are, which in GGG's case are both the same, since he started his decline at basically the exact age almost every other offensive fighter does, 32 and a half.

So, I do think the promoters took the fans for granted, and sacrificed another product's quality in exchange for being able to sell it to more people. But, I hope to be proven wrong in the rematch, if GGG can maybe fix some things in training and magically recapture his prime... Here's hoping!

Comment

Originally posted by BluDivision View Post
              Lol....

GGG Aggression < Canelo's Counterpunching

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
              He needs to be more accurate not more persistent...

yep

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
                Another suck a** fight with GGG chasing the little chicken Canelita around the ring all night. May as well have it in Vegas again so it can be - Crooked Suck A** Fight II -. Then GGG can chase around another 154 wimp in Charlo.

come on, surely you knew that would be a close fight

surely you knew GGG was not going to walk through Canelo

surely you knew that Canelo's excellent movement and superb ring-generalship would give Golovkin all sorts of problems.....

no wait, you didn't.....

GBP digging there grave with this no rematch clause and the re-hydration weight gimmick BS. Golovkin will be on kill mode for this one and Canelo is the shorter man with shorter punches with less power and less footwork and will be weaker if he tries to lose a ton of weight. The only chance is if Golovkin wants a rematch to and lets him live i.e. THROWS THE FIGHT for more easy paydays in fight 2 and 3. Golovkin has also fought much better opposition as of late with Canelo cherry picking garbage.

I think I can see what happened

Comment

Just admit it GGG didn’t look as good as you hoped. Their fighting again so stop your bit.ching.

Comment

Quit crying b itch! Your boy Triple g isn't as good as you thought he was.
                    That simple!

Comment

Working...
                    X