Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murat Gassiev: Usyk Will Not Have an Easy Time With Briedis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murat Gassiev: Usyk Will Not Have an Easy Time With Briedis

Murat Gassiev watched with interest as Mairis Briedis defeated Mike Perez via unanimous decision in the World Boxing Super Series in Riga, Latvia on Saturday night. And the Russian IBF World Champion is full of praise for both combatants and fellow participants in the Ali Trophy cruiserweight tournament.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's true. Right now, Briedis is the second best cruiserweight in the game and he will be even if he loses to Usyk

Briedis can adjust to his opponents, look at how different he was in Charr and Perez fights

Briedis can control the distance, he didn't even let Perez to focus on the target

He was constantly moving to the right side, and neutralized Perez right hook, which was the best weapon that Perez had to offer against Abdusalamov

He showed that his stamina is good enough to last 12 rounds of clinching and wrestling against physically strong opponent like Perez

Vicious right uppercut was his best weapon against Perez, he's learning how to deal with southpaw

And good punch selection. Nobody will have an easy time with Briedis

Comment

Gassiev will not have an easy time with Dorticos

Comment

Briedis is probably top 3 or 4 CW right now & that means Usyk has to be better than he was against Huck to beat him.. But I'd not be surprised if Usyk KOs him late..

Comment

I went through every bout on Sunday and I must say.... The WBSS has been fantastic man. The more tournaments the freaking better.

Comment

gassiev has to pass wlodarczyk first, who is the most experienced guy in the whole field and everyone underestimates him. an upset might be possible here, wouldnt really surprise me. will put a little money on him

Comment

Originally posted by sir ronni james View Post
              gassiev has to pass wlodarczyk first, who is the most experienced guy in the whole field and everyone underestimates him. an upset might be possible here, wouldnt really surprise me. will put a little money on him
              He struggled with Cunningham twice?

Comment

Originally posted by sir ronni james View Post
                Gassiev & Wlodarczyk have the same promoter. And now you know whom the promoter wants to win : the younger, fresher Gassiev.

Comment

I want to see Briedis get beat for ruining the fight

Comment

Breidis is the best guy in the tournament outside of Usyk. Gassiev doesn't get past Dorticos and I will not be shocked to see him lose against Diablo.

Comment

Working...
                    X