Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr: Golovkin Did Not Look The Same in Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr: Golovkin Did Not Look The Same in Canelo Fight

Mexican legend Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. - unlike some others - was impressed with last month's performance of Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs). Canelo made his official move to the middleweight division, challenging IBF, IBO, WBA, WBC champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs). The two boxers clashed on September 16th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with the three official judges rendering a twelve round split draw. There were a lot of post fight controversy over the wide 118-110 score in favor of Canelo, with the other two judges having it 115-113 for Golovkin and 114-114 for the draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

People need to realize he has been fighting sub par fighters...Once the level rises the flaws a fighter has are exposed...and then you have to also add that styles make fights!!! GGG has issues with movement..same thing when Manny started facing fighters who moved more..Its easier to ko fighters who stand right in front of you and neglect defense

Comment

It's ironic how a lot of people are criticizing GGG performance even after beating Canelo but what does that say about Canelo? Canelo is suppose to be the next p4p superstar who couldn't beat a guy who's on the decline! Canelo is the biggest draw in boxing but far from a superstar! I think Canelo is a good fighter but I don't think he'll ever be the p4p best because I see at least 5-8 fighters who are much better than Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        People need to realize he has been fighting sub par fighters...Once the level rises the flaws a fighter has are exposed...and then you have to also add that styles make fights!!! GGG has issues with movement..same thing when Manny started facing fighters who moved more..Its easier to ko fighters who stand right in front of you and neglect defense
        Top notch post

Comment

I believe GGG is a really good fighter but I don't think he's an all time great! It's funny how fans & boxing writers praised Jacobs & Canelo for the going the distance with GGG! That within itself its a testament to how good GGG is! Jacobs & Canelo received more praised for lasting the entire fight while GGG received criticism for how he won those fights.

Comment

It's because ggg went from fighting all time greats (Lemieux, wade) to fighting bums like canela and cancer boy

Comment

***NEWS FLASH***

GG hasn't slipped.GG fought 20 cab drivers and 5 waitresses and ran through everybody damn near untouched. Now he is facing A and B level fighters whonare not intimidated so he looks like the average Joe with punching power.

Comment

Where was the Mexican style? He pressed Canella the whole fight never stopped throwing punches pushing Canella back or to the ropes. Threw more landed more in 10/12 rounds.

Comment

Landed 50 more punches total. Out jabbed Canella silly silly . Canella fought 30 seconds a round the rest was on his bike mostly backwards. GGG won 8/4

Comment

And the punching bag Chavez disgrace to the family name got destroyed by Canella how can he judge GGG he couldn't Wipe the sweat from GGG' bal&@

Comment

Working...
                    X