Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mairis Briedis, Mike Perez Ready For WBSS Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Mairis Briedis, Mike Perez Ready For WBSS Battle

WBC Champion Mairis Briedis (90,1 kg) (22-0, 18 KOs) and Mike Perez (22-2-1, 14 KOs) (89,5 kg) are ready for Saturday's Ali Trophy quarter-final at the Arena Riga, Latvia. "I can't wait for tomorrow," said Briedis, the WBC champion who was supported by a loud crowd of Latvian countrymen at Friday's weigh-in Riga. Every fighter in this to tournament deserves to be here. I am not an odds maker, so I don't do predictions. I can only promise that I will do my best to win in front of a sold-out arena and make my countrymen proud!"
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rooting for Perez

Comment

I'm rooting for Briedis.
      He will make for a much more interesting bout for Usyk.
      Nothing about Perez worries more for Usyk to be honest.

I expect Usyk to beat both rather easily anyways. Not that they would't have success but sooner or later he will figure them out. Usyk gets stronger as the fight goes on.

Comment

The people that haven't seen him don't realize how good Briedis is. Outboxed Huck, beat up Durodola and blasted out a 240lb Charr at HW. Perez is obviously a wildcard cuz we don't really know what he brings to the table at 200lbs, but I expect Briedis to win by KO and then give Usyk all he can handle

Comment

War Perez

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            The people that haven't seen him don't realize how good Briedis is. Outboxed Huck, beat up Durodola and blasted out a 240lb Charr at HW. Perez is obviously a wildcard cuz we don't really know what he brings to the table at 200lbs, but I expect Briedis to win by KO and then give Usyk all he can handle
            Durodola gave him all he can handle before ran out of gas. Briedis was even deducted a point for excessive holding. Perez is finally in shape. This is a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              Outboxing this version of Huck is not that hard.
              Originally posted by login View Post
              Durodola gave him all he can handle before ran out of gas. Briedis was even deducted a point for excessive holding. Perez is finally in shape. This is a 50/50 fight.
              He is in shape physically but is he mentally? I doubt it.

Comment

100% agree. Master boxing class vs huck. His jab and uppercut are serious. He detonated Charr with that ko. I expect a confortable win for briedis as well.

Comment

Rooting for Perez! How he fights at cruiserweight will be different!

Comment

damn! Perez looks in shape.. He looked chubby contesting at HW..

Comment

Working...
                    X