Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jones: No Big Fights For Margarito Until He Proves He Beat Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jones: No Big Fights For Margarito Until He Proves He Beat Me

Carson Jones is one boxer who will fight anywhere and anyone. Earlier this month, Jones traveled to Mexico to fight former welterweight champion Antonio Margarito, who was hoping to use the American veteran as a springboard to a trilogy fight with WBO junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto
    [Click Here To Read More]

Marga won some rounds by boxing but he faded along. I don't see him even winning a rematch.

Comment

That was a Raw deal. Jones was doing damage when they stopped the fight and put "la mordida" on him. You go to Mexico and you pay, one way or another.

Comment

Margarito for what he is at this stage in his career showed some life when he boxed but he gassed and was clearly outpointed by Jones. Unfortunately, Jones got the bad end of the stick. They're trying to position Margarito for a big fight but he's done. I thought the ring rust would have worn off by now but he's a shell of his former self. Margarito should consider retirement before getting seriously injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          That was a Raw deal. Jones was doing damage when they stopped the fight and put "la mordida" on him. You go to Mexico and you pay, one way or another.
          Same can be said about any other country. In all reality Ive seen worse decisions in Las Vegas and California than anywhere else. Texas though is probably the worst of any country/state.

Comment

Margarito must just need the money badly. Thats the only way i can see with him continuing to fight. He shouldn't be medically passed fit or licenced but am guessing they are doing him a favour after all the wars he has brought us in the past.

Comment

What do you expect fighting Margarito in Mexico everything is rigged down there sometimes even the Mexican Fighters can't get a good break but margarito has no business fighting with a tie but the boxing commissions their Overlook everything if money slipped under the table...

Comment

Jones was about to knock Margarito the fuck out. Shameful stuff.

He deserves a rematch but wont get one.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Jones was about to knock Margarito the fuck out. Shameful stuff.

He deserves a rematch but wont get one.
                  agreed, it was a disgrace, and I'm a margo fan

Comment

Remember, there are NO close fights in boxing, only robberies by refs, judges and commentators

Comment

Working...
                    X