No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev is Pumped To Fight For IBF World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev is Pumped To Fight For IBF World Title

Light heavyweight contender Artur Beterbiev is a very happy man, after learning that he's going to fight for a world title in November. Beterbiev is scheduled to fight German boxer Enrico Koelling, on November 11 in Fresno, California. The was initially sanctioned as a final eliminator, but recently it was sanctioned as a battler for the vacant International Boxing Federation (IBF) light heavyweight title. The decision came down after reigning world champion Andre Ward announced his retirement last Thursday, and that left the vacant title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He wasn't nearly as pumped when Kovalev offered him the chance to fight for the IBF, and two other titles, for Kovalev's tune-up fight in Russia, when Beterbiev declined.

But, I'm happy Beterbiev will get a title now, just because I hope it allows him to actually get top opponents. Not, again, that he isn't also to blame, seeing as he turned down the Kovalev fight when it was offered.

I just want to see the best fights:

Beterbiev-Stevenson
    Beterbiev-Kovalev
    Kovalev-Stevenson

Any of them vs Gvozdyk, or Bivol, or to a lesser extent Jack, Barrera, or even Joe Smith once is jaw heals (credit to Barrera for his performance, but that's also just bad luck. Provided his jaw doesn't keep breaking early in fights, I still Joe Smith has some interesting fights to give vs the likes of Jack, Barrera, or Alvarez).

Anyway, the real question is, will Beterbiev get a real opponent after winning the IBF title? Who is up next? I want to see these guys fight the best before they get old. 33 years old is already 1 year past the end of most offensive boxer's primes. 34 is really, really pushing it. I expect Beterbiev's promoter to pay for a top opponent before he turns 34, otherwise it's more wasted talent, and that is what is ruining boxing.

Comment

Marcus Browne will smoke this guy!

Comment

This should be Artur Beterbiev vs Sullivan Barrera for the IBF title! What a fight that would be!

Comment

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
          Browne probably doesn't make it 6 rounds, but at the end of the day Browne will never take that fight

Comment

i wanna see beterbiev vs ward, but ward retired.. so i think:
            beterbiev vs barrera or
            beterbiev vs chickhenson

Comment

Just like he smoked kalajdzic right?

Comment

AT LEAST !!!

Ward quit wisely (at a strangely young age.....)

Comment

Bull**** ! Radivoje Kalajdzic already beat his ass.

One other eastern european robbed in that racist country

Comment

I'm a fan of Browne, but he still has unfinished business with Radivoje Kaladjzic! I think he should fight the rematch, and I do think he's improved since then. What's ****ed up is "Hot Rod" has had only 1 fight since then, a TKO of Peterkin in September of 2016! What's up with that?

Comment

Working...
                    X