Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev vs. Koelling: Vacant IBF Title Likely To Be at Stake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev vs. Koelling: Vacant IBF Title Likely To Be at Stake

Last week, IBF, WBA, WBO light heavyweight world champion Andre Ward shocked everyone by announcing his retirement from the sport. With Ward hanging up the gloves, there will soon be three world titles at stake. On November 11 in Fresno, California - there is an IBF final eliminator between Artur Beterbiev (11-0, 11 KOs) and Enrico Koelling (23-1, 6 KOs). ESPN will televise the contest as part of their TV deal with Top Rank.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good for Beterbeiv

Comment

Things seem to be coming together nicely for Beterbiev. Nice to have another potential player in the division.

Comment

Can't wait to see Beterbiev and Kovalev lock horns

Comment

Damn a lot of fighters in that division should write Ward thank you letters for freeing up the belts

Comment

Yeah I'm sure Kovalev vs Shabranskyy will be for the now Vacant WBO 175 Strap as well now

Could get Barrera vs Bivol for the WBA Strap with both being #1 and #2 for a Vacant Title.

Then Jack vs Stevenson for the WBC Strap Possibly

So yeah with Respects to Ward, GREAT CAREER but 175 is about to pick after his retirement.

Comment

Beterbiev by demolition

Comment

Beterbiev is the typical, stiff Eurobum with only punching power.

I think Kov still ***s him up

Comment

I dont care who gets the belts as long as they all fight the best right away. Kovalev has proven he will fight anyone, so you're better off giving him the belt, and making Beterbiev fight him if he wants it. But if you give Beterbiev the belt, would he still accept a Kovalev fight, or would he just cherry pick and hoard the belt? He already declined to fight Kovalev once.

Or if Stevenson-Beterbiev happens, I'm happy as well. I just want to see the top guys fight each other.

Comment

Beterbiev deserves a shot, despite his small record. He looms as another Kovalev, like Bivol, with power and talent.
                    It will certainly be an exciting sequence of match-ups if we can get Beterbiev v Koelling (IBF), Bivol v Broadhurst or Barrera (WBA), And perhaps Kovalev vs Shabryyansky (WBO).
                    Stevenson needs to be cleared out. Fight someone worthy or f*^k right off. If he gets retired, then maybe one of these guys can attempt to unify; although after what the IBF did to Crawford after he claimed all the titles, it seems not worth the effort anymore; only unification matches last.
                    What the hell is Badou Jack doing?

Comment

Working...
                    X